★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Star Defense DLC

08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Star Defense DLC

Am I the only one who feels cheated of new Star Defense maps? At the WWDC Ngmoco said they were adding THREE MORE map packs. So far, we have yet to see any new content besides the recent addition of a couple challenge planets and push notifications (no, the challenge planets are not new planets, just planets we already had that we can now use in challenge mode). I understand we shouldn't have paid for a future update because these things aren't always certain but still, Ngmoco hasn't said ANYTHING about this. They've been completely ignoring any issues related to the game in their own forums. Would anyone else like to get at least a confirmation from Ngmoco as to whether it's coming or not?
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberguy2 View Post
Am I the only one who feels cheated of new Star Defense maps? At the WWDC Ngmoco said they were adding THREE MORE map packs. So far, we have yet to see any new content besides the recent addition of a couple challenge planets and push notifications (no, the challenge planets are not new planets, just planets we already had that we can now use in challenge mode). I understand we shouldn't have paid for a future update because these things aren't always certain but still, Ngmoco hasn't said ANYTHING about this. They've been completely ignoring any issues related to the game in their own forums. Would anyone else like to get at least a confirmation from Ngmoco as to whether it's coming or not?
The game is WAY overrated anyway...I think people felt the need to say it was good because it was expensive and it was so hyped. There are MUCH better TDs out there. They can add 50 maps and unless they change the gameplay it's still going to be a third tier TD title.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
im abit disappointed by the fact that no one has really added any downloadable content to their apps. It makes apples 3.0 even less worthwile and im abit miffed at spending money on it.
08-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgreen View Post
im abit disappointed by the fact that no one has really added any downloadable content to their apps. It makes apples 3.0 even less worthwile and im abit miffed at spending money on it.
Truth be told!
08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
I love Star Defense, can't wait for the DLC to show up. I'll send some emails to my contacts at ngmoco and see what they have to say. You're right, it has been quite a while.
08-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I'd rather them spend time on finishing their upcoming games than update Star Defense.

back
08-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I love Star Defense, can't wait for the DLC to show up. I'll send some emails to my contacts at ngmoco and see what they have to say. You're right, it has been quite a while.
I feel the same way about Star Defense. Still love it but its been a while for the DLC. I hope they come back with some solid info.
08-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Cool, it's great to see that something's being done. Hopefully they respond, even if it is a confirmation that nothing's coming.
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
I'd rather them spend time on finishing their upcoming games than update Star Defense.
+1

I hate this

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
+1

I hate this

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.
Maybe you should try to come up with something more worthwhile to post than spamming "+1"?