Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-20-2014, 09:39 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default iPhone 3 or samsung galaxy s4?

My current phone is a Nokia n8 which I paid over 300 for years ago, I love it but it's about dead so I really need a new one, just wanted to pick your brains.
I can get an iPhone 3 from a friend for 20 or my husband can get a samsung galaxy s4 for 260

I've not had an android and don't really know much about samsungs as I've always gone with nokias.
The obvious choice would be to go for the samsung as it's the newer one but the money I could save getting the iPhone could go towards upgrading to mini retina, will many games run on an iPhone 3? I'm not bothered about new releases as I can play them on my iPad.
I dunno, I'm guessing I'm asking if the Samsung lives up to the hype?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:41 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

So it comes down to this: If you want to game at all on your phone then get the Samsung (but keep in mind the App Store gets a lot of exclusives and more quality games than Google Play, so you will not have the same library). If you don't care and just need a phone for being a phone then go for the iPhone and save up for the mini retina iPad (awesome device! night and day over iPad mini 1).
Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I wouldnt bother with an iphone 3, i recently sold my iphone 4 (130) as it was getting to be too slow. Worth seeing how much you can pick an iphone 4s up for.

But that Samsung you mentioned is very quick and far better than an iphone 3.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM

I just got the S4 last week. My kids have iPhone 4. They are so jealous.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:55 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

iPhone 3G or the Samsung Galaxy S4? Is this a trick question?
Old 02-22-2014, 03:40 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

S4 is more powerful and better than the iPad Mini both in processor and Screen Quality comparing to an old 3GS is a bit of a joke. One downside is Samsung adds a lot of junk gimmicks that should be turned off and you will want to put something like Nova Launcher on it.

I've an S4 mini and I love the thing but it's got a lot less bloat on it than the actual S4.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:41 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to epik5

Samsung galaxy s4, the iphone 3 has very low spec for games while the galaxy s4 has very high spec for games like modern combat.. But the apple appstore gives exclusive games not like android ;n;
Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Thanks for all the replies. My question was a totally serious one, as I said I've had a Nokia n8 since it launched so I don't know a thing about iPhones or samsungs as all my previous phones have been nokias, I mean I know the iPhone 3GS is an older phone but i didn't know if it would be decrepit and useless.

Anyways, I got the galaxy s4 and I love it the battery seems to drain quick but to be fair I've been nesting about with it a lot, not so keen on the google play store, I'm finding it's got more crap than the AppStore so any android reccs gladly received.

I also ended up getting the iPhone 3 for free so my little girl is currently using it. So far it runs every games I've loaded on it without any probs.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

The 3 or the 3GS? My wife has a 3GS and it works fine with iOS 6.x You can't install iOS 7 on it, but it works well with iOS 6.