★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Slingshot from Giraffe Lab

12-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Slingshot from Giraffe Lab

Hi All - Long time reader, first time poster.

My/our new game, Slingshot, was released to the App Store on Friday, and I wanted to let y'all know about it.

Slingshot takes place in space, where you use the gravitational pull of planets to help guide your missiles to their target. There are two modes: Arcade and Free Play. Arcade mode also has online leaderboards.

The YouTube video (below) didn't come out that hot, so you might prefer the full-resolution QuickTime on the website: http://giraffelab.com/slingshot

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here's the App Store link. If you have any feedback on the game I'd be happy to hear it. This is my second game; some of you may have seen the first one, Shufflepuck.

Adam/Giraffe Lab
12-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm glad you have posted here. I liked the video.

I've purchased ShufflePuck and I like it. I still play it from time to time.

I'll purchase your new game for sure.

12-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I was eyeballing this game last night. It seems like the kind of weird thing I would like. there's been a truckload of good (and usually expensive) games in the last couple weeks, so I'm not sure if I'm buying anytime soon. Looks great though. I love original concepts like this!

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
12-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I love these kind of games! I've played some Flash-based games like this online, but not with these visuals. Looks great. I'd buy it but I'd rather not spend a whole lot of games as I'm needing money for Christmas. Maybe after the holidays.

And thanks for joining the forums. I'd love for more developers to be apart of the TouchArcade community.
12-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrunchynuggit View Post
If you do infact start handing out promo codes, do you think I could receive one? Thanks alot regardless ;D
LOL! I love how everyone wants a promo code now and nobody actually buys it. COME ON PEOPLE!!!! What the hell happened to "support the dev"?????

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
This game looks pretty sweet.

It looks similar to Bowman on www.addictinggames.com. Is it?

PS You guys need to stop asking for free games. These forums have gotten like 10 promo code giveaways in the last two days. Isn't that enough for now?

I might buy the game I like Bowman

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Haha fair enough, thanks for killing my first post xD.

Im actually waiting for christmas to roll around so I can pickup some cards for iTunes.
Great forums btw.
12-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Unfortunately, I agree with you. Since promo codes came out, that's all anyone is concerned about here. I remember the good old TA where people used to welcome the developer on the first post

I'm sure the dev doesn't feel comfortable after just slaving over a game and posting about it on the forums. The first thing he sees is someone asking for a promo code. I bet he was expecting a warm welcome and now he doesn't want to stay.

I'm probably overreacting or something but seriously guys, you should just be cool about the promo codes. Only ask for one if a dev is sending 'em out, haha.

Ohh well. I like the game, and its appearent that I'm not getting a code, so I bought it anyway

Anyway, welcome to TouchArcade! Good luck on the game, it looks awesome [/QUOTE]
12-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I have just played it... The controls are simply perfect. Well done!

So far so good!
12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I have just played it... The controls are simply perfect. Well done!

So far so good!
A big thanks to everyone for their interest! Thanks also to Carlos-Sz in particular -- glad to see a Shufflepuck player in the audience.

Regarding promo codes: Right now I'm using them for submitting Slingshot to review sites. If you run a review site and you're interested in getting a promo code to review Slingshot, please visit its website and use the e-mail link there to contact me -- be sure to include a link to your site! Please keep in mind that the codes are a limited resource so I can't guarantee that you'll get one.

Thanks again,

Adam/Giraffe Lab