Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Funday Factory Funday Factory is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark.
Posts: 140
Default Shanghai Fly (by Funday Factory)

Next thursday! The most anticipated fly-simulator of February 2014!



Tap on your device to buzz the Shanghai Fly upwards. Don't hit the bug zapper or you'll be fried. Compete with TRILLIONS of players online for the highest score.

Featuring:
- Buzzing sounds!
- Shanghai-themed soundtrack!
- Smooth sine wave fly-motion!
- Photo-realistic bug-explosions!
- No fly puns!
- Insect this one!
- Lots and lots of game-breaking bugs! (last one)
- A control scheme that will make you want to rip your own hands off!
- Classic Roguelike perma-death!

Upcoming changes:
- Oculus Rift support!
- Two words: MMO mode!
- Insanely-priced IAP!

GET THIS GAME REAL FAST! WE'LL BE PULLING IT OFF THE APP STORE IN 2-3 WEEKS CAUSE IT'S JUST TOO DARN ADDICTIVE!

Check out Funday Factory on Facebook, Twitter, and our Website for more games

DISCLAIMER: If you own an android device, you can get it on Google Play right now. If not, you'll have to wait until Apple approves it next week.

Last edited by Funday Factory; 02-21-2014 at 02:15 AM..
  #2  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Bleau Bleau is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Koblenz, Germany
Posts: 273
Default

I'll just consider this in the "Oh no you didn't!" secion Funday. A few questions though:

1. Why not beavers and squirrels?
2. In the trillions that you speak of, what galaxies are included? I have a klingon friend who would like to try this out
3. Are the leaderboards sorted by planet? Martians just have way too much time.

Cute theme hough, but I could see the flappy shadow from a mile away :P
  #3  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Funday Factory Funday Factory is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark.
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleau View Post
I'll just consider this in the "Oh no you didn't!" secion Funday. A few questions though:

1. Why not beavers and squirrels?
2. In the trillions that you speak of, what galaxies are included? I have a klingon friend who would like to try this out
3. Are the leaderboards sorted by planet? Martians just have way too much time.

Cute theme hough, but I could see the flappy shadow from a mile away :P
Oh yes we did.

1. Potential reskin in patch 1.2 - We'll keep you posted.
2. Right now we have Milky-Way-Only-Support, but we are open to add more galaxies in the future.
3. Leaderboards are sorted by zodiac sign.

Any resemblance to other game titles are completely and utterly coincidental.
  #4  
Old 02-21-2014, 03:19 AM
MacDaddy MacDaddy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funday Factory View Post
Oh yes we did.

1. Potential reskin in patch 1.2 - We'll keep you posted.
2. Right now we have Milky-Way-Only-Support, but we are open to add more galaxies in the future.
3. Leaderboards are sorted by zodiac sign.

Any resemblance to other game titles are completely and utterly coincidental.
Regarding answer 2: Klingons live in this Galaxy!

  #5  
Old 02-21-2014, 03:34 AM
Funday Factory Funday Factory is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark.
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
Regarding answer 2: Klingons live in this Galaxy!

But perhaps Bleau's Klingon friend found a way to breach the Galactic Barrier!
  #6  
Old 02-21-2014, 04:15 AM
Bleau Bleau is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Koblenz, Germany
Posts: 273
Default

Ashamed for my mistake, I quickly try and mask my foolishness: "Umh, yeah, my friend was enrolled in the Stargate program #cough#"
  #7  
Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 AM
Funday Factory Funday Factory is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark.
Posts: 140
Default

I have gotten too many requests for beta-invites and "playtesting". We simply do not have enough promo codes. I hope you'll all have the patience for the release later this week. It's free after all!
  #8  
Old 02-24-2014, 07:12 AM
djstout djstout is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 805
Default

Another flappy game or will it be something else by any chance?
  #9  
Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Funday Factory Funday Factory is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark.
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Another flappy game or will it be something else by any chance?
Oh no, this is definetly not another flappy game. With this game, we're trying to get back to the roots of "Nintendo Hard". As TV-Tropes defines it:

- Surprise attacks that can only be avoided by sheerest luck or memorizing their locations.
- Malevolent Architecture that poses a constant danger of death even when the player proceeds as cautiously as possible.
- A hero who can survive very few hits often dying from even the slightest scratch.
- Lack of, or very few Check Points or Save Points.
- A limited number of lives and/or continues.
- No way to adjust the difficulty, or doing so is pretty much superficial.
- Losing all or most of your weapons/powerups when you die.
- Stiff, clunky, and perhaps somewhat unresponsive controls
Source

I think you'll like it.
  #10  
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 AM
djstout djstout is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funday Factory View Post
Oh no, this is definetly not another flappy game. With this game, we're trying to get back to the roots of "Nintendo Hard". As TV-Tropes defines it:

- Surprise attacks that can only be avoided by sheerest luck or memorizing their locations.
- Malevolent Architecture that poses a constant danger of death even when the player proceeds as cautiously as possible.
- A hero who can survive very few hits often dying from even the slightest scratch.
- Lack of, or very few Check Points or Save Points.
- A limited number of lives and/or continues.
- No way to adjust the difficulty, or doing so is pretty much superficial.
- Losing all or most of your weapons/powerups when you die.
- Stiff, clunky, and perhaps somewhat unresponsive controls
Source

I think you'll like it.
Great news, I was really worrying that it was gonna be another flappy game, I just can't stand those. Looking forward to seeing it running on iPhone.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent