★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Kings or War Generation....quick TBS poll??

View Poll Results: The Kings or War Generation
The Kings 8 80.00%
War Generation 1 10.00%
Non 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll
08-13-2009, 06:18 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 380
The Kings or War Generation....quick TBS poll??

Both are on sale for 0.99 cents.
I like TBS and Civ Rev isnt in my app store yet...

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm
08-13-2009, 06:20 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadm View Post
Both are on sale for 0.99 cents.
I like TBS and Civ Rev isnt in my app store yet...
The Kings. It's definitely better. Got a 4.5 rating from Albie, so you know it's good.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.

08-13-2009, 06:20 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
The Kings. It's definitely better. Got a 4.5 rating from Albie, so you know it's good.
Albie knows best

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-13-2009, 06:22 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Albie knows best
Yes, yes he does. He's the king of TOFTT.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,030
I have not yet played either game, but I have personally been waiting for 'The Kings' to come back into the AppStore so I could purchase it. I plan on doing that tonight.

From what I understand, both games are from the same developer, but 'The Kings' came out after and seems to have better reviews and a better gaming experience.
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
#6
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
I have not yet played either game, but I have personally been waiting for 'The Kings' to come back into the AppStore so I could purchase it. I plan on doing that tonight.

From what I understand, both games are from the same developer, but 'The Kings' came out after and seems to have better reviews and a better gaming experience.
rly same dev?

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm
08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
The dev fixed a lot of the grammatical issues I had in The Kings, and the game has a ton of content. It has a lot the micromanagement that I like with this type of game, and also has a Uniwar flavor to it in the battles.

War Generation is strictly like Uniwar and doesn't have much depth besides the different maps.

My suggestion is you go with The Kings.
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 81
Is the kings better than reign of swords?
08-13-2009, 07:32 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 115
Bad engrish
worse gameplay
pretty graphics
glad I waited till $1
id have been Pissed about $5

1 star bad and I LOVE turn based strategy
08-13-2009, 07:40 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
No comparison. Take the word of a long time tbs player and everyone elses. The kings ftw.

Twitter: @back2this