★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * BEST MOBILE GAME nomination at Indie Prize Amsterdam 2014
Shapist is a sliding block puzzle where you can do much more than just slide.
!!! Requires at least iPhone 4S !!!

We made Shapist to show how a classical game concept can be embraced by physics, experimentation and new mechanics. It is designed as a timeless, beautiful object without barriers between a player and the game. There are no words. No punishment. No tutorials. No time limits and no scores... Just you & 75 puzzles to solve.

Bronxsta's comments:
Can't believe there's no thread for this yet. Puzzle fans, fans of Unbock Me and Cross Fingers, you need to check this game out. Seriously

Youtube link | Pop Up

Browser demo here. Play it. It's good.

02-22-2014, 12:25 AM
Pocket Gamer
Quote:
Because while this one starts out as a simple but satisfying and well-tuned game about sliding coloured boxes, Qixen-P soon introduces ingenious new toys here. Toys like magnets that repel and attract; fold-up springs that bounce back to shape; and more.

Shapist is about as pure as puzzlers come. Bar its Unity splash screen, there isn't a word in the game. And there are no hints, level skips, timers, or scores. Your iPad simply transforms into a physical toy as all digital artifices are stripped away.

02-22-2014, 04:30 AM
If it comes out on iPod I will play it, because I have no iPad, hope there will be an 5 inch iPod this year.
02-22-2014, 04:53 AM
Very innovative game. Shame it wasn't released on Wednesday night.. Seems to be a little overlooked at this stage :/

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
02-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Looks awesome. I'll have to play browser version, I guess. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I had an iPad.
02-23-2014, 04:30 AM
WOW guys, thank you so much for the thread!!! . I was wondering if our topic will be moved from Upcoming games, and wrote to the moderator.

We really hope you like the game, and please let us know what you think!
02-23-2014, 05:41 PM
We have just updated the web demo at: http://www.playshapist.com - added two more very simple introductory levels fixing the difficulty curve in the demo, give it a try if you haven't.
03-28-2014, 05:59 AM
Evolution of the sliding block

This game just had a price drop to 99 cents, which convinced me to give it a try. I played the first ten puzzles so far. While it starts off as a very traditional sliding block style game, a few levels in, a new block type is introduced which really changes things up in a very interesting manner. I have just hit a puzzle I am having difficulty with, so I took a break to write these early impressions. I really like this game's minimalist look and I think this will appeal to anyone who likes puzzle games. According to comments posted elsewhere, the sale price will be active for three days.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 03-28-2014 at 06:29 AM.
03-28-2014, 12:35 PM
I picked this up as well. Haven't gotten too far yet, but I am enjoying it so far.
03-29-2014, 05:58 PM
I have gotten quite far into it now and it is really outstanding. Too bad it has gotten so little attention here. Is this another App Store casualty?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 03-29-2014 at 06:16 PM.