★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chris Sokol
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.3 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: RockinRoll is an addictive action/puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod Touch that is easy to learn but difficult to master.

Based on traditional matching games, RockinRoll brings everyone's favorite puzzle play to a new level. Using the iPhone platform's tilt functionality, RockinRoll brings a new style of gameplay to the traditional puzzle setting. Simply tilt the screen to control the falling stones to make three of the same kind touch and disappear. Randomly dropping fireballs and other powerups create maximum explosiveness while adding to the score. Screen shots were taken on 3rd gen hardware.

FEATURES

* Tilt-to-play functionality
* Three levels of difficulty - great for kids but hard enough to challenge even the most seasoned gamer
* Beautiful graphics
* Advanced physics simulation
* High score tracking
* Color blindness mode

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

"Interestingly, RockinRoll is not a music game. Instead, it's one of the most unique takes on a Match-3 game we have seen." - Slide To Play

LordGek's comments:

Cute and goofy physics based marble drop game with great graphics, cool powerups, and an UNBEATABLE price (well that is until Apple pays you to take apps which I don't see happening soon).
08-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Downloading now

08-13-2009, 06:30 PM
downloading now, looks like some fun is to be had. thanks!
08-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Downloading now
gonna give it a try also

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
08-13-2009, 06:34 PM
downloaded. Looks nice!!
08-13-2009, 07:00 PM
This game is absolutely beautiful! Everything is done extremely well. I posted a 5 star review in Australian iTunes store. Hope it helps. Well done!
08-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Looks awesome! Downloading now
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Just played two rounds on easy. This is definitely not your average match-3 game. It's very creative and pretty polished. I do hope to have access to my top scores on the main menu (at present you only get to see your history of scores right after you finish a game). Another thing is, it'd be great to have a global leaderboard to increase the replayability.

I'm gonna email my friends now about this cool game so that they can download it while it's still FREE!
08-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoshao View Post
Just played two rounds on easy. This is definitely not your average match-3 game. It's very creative and pretty polished. I do hope to have access to my top scores on the main menu (at present you only get to see your history of scores right after you finish a game). Another thing is, it'd be great to have a global leaderboard to increase the replayability.

I'm gonna email my friends now about this cool game so that they can download it while it's still FREE!
The top of the Main Menu lists your highest score of all modes.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Just downloaded it, looks fun.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣