★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mind Gamz
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 34.1 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Dr. Z is back with three NEW patients to analyze and they all need your help! If you have ever wondered what makes people tick, then 'Think Like a Shrink' is the game for you. Its the only game where you get to play doctor and analyze patients.

Travel back through time with Dr. Z, the games' resident therapist, to treat colorful characters from the Trojan War. Gain insight into your own relationships as you interact with patients and explore issues that are as relevant today as they were 2,000 years ago.

Learn to Think Like a Shrink and discover why people disguise their real feelings from themselves, preventing them from leading more full and satisfying lives.
NEW! 5 New Defenses
NEW! Game Center Leader boards compare your scores with your friends!
NEW! Game Center Achievements
NEW! Identify defenses in popular song lyrics and movie quotes
Game designed by psychiatrists for authentic therapy experience
Easy to pick up and play gives you hints when you get stuck!

HELEN: A fickle princess, her love life is in the tank. Hubby couldnt take a joke so he started the Trojan War. Lets hear her side.

AGAMEMNON: Hes the boss and he wont let you forget it. If only he could learn to say No. Can you deal with this long suffering martyr?

THETIS: This overbearing mother hates her life and takes it out on anyone within earshot. What did they say about scorned women? You aint seen nothing yet. Therapist? Try magician.

Note: Patients must be played in this order.
Reference Guide Chapters Include:
- How to live without defenses
- 7 defenses that can endanger relationships
- Traps defenses can create like self sabotage, fear of your own anger, trapped in the victim role and more!
- How to tell authentic anger from defensive anger

Play 'Think Like a Shrink' and discover what people are really thinking. Its as close to mind reading as most people will ever get! For more information about this game and other features, visit www.mind-gamz.com or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheDoc Z

Please email us if you have any problems. In the email please include your device, your OS and whether or not you are a new customer or upgrading from the old version. We answer all emails and will work to fix any issues with our game. Note: If you are having issues with an upgrade and you have not updated your OS, you may have to delete the old version from your phone and install the new one from scratch.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
INTRODUCTORY PRICE: 1 WEEK ONLY!

If you have ever wondered what makes people “tick”, then 'Think Like a Shrink' is the game for you. It’s a new “brain training” game lets you play Therapist like never before!

Travel back through time with Dr. Z, the games' resident therapist, to treat ACHILLES, a troubled warrior in this epic tale. Interact with Achilles who is angry with his boss and wants to quit his job at the Trojan War. He also has trouble with his love life as well as issues with his over-bearing mother.

Gain insight into your own relationships as you interact with Achilles and explore issues that are as relevant today as they were 2,000 years ago.

Learn to think like a shrink and discover why people disguise their real feelings from themselves, preventing them from leading more full and satisfying lives.

*Features*
• Conduct your own therapy sessions
• Learn how to analyze people and discover what your friends are really thinking!
• Easy to pick up and play – gives you hints when you get stuck!
• Game designed by psychiatrists for authentic experience
• Extra word puzzle & match-up games!
• Stunning environments & colorful cast of characters
• Bonus “Self-help” Reference Guide for extra help

Play 'Think Like a Shrink' and discover what people are really thinking. It’s as close to mind reading as most people will ever get! For more information about this game and other features, visit www.ithinklikeashrink.com.
For some reason, Appshopper is showing 2.99$ but it is 1.99$ in iTunes
08-13-2009, 06:41 PM
ugh this is the perfect toftt for me but I spent my money on doom

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

08-13-2009, 06:41 PM
you gotta be kidding me!!

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
08-13-2009, 06:43 PM
somewhat difficult to imagine the actual (game) play involved - is a video anywhere?

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
08-13-2009, 06:45 PM
08-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Guys something is fishy the first three reviewers basically reviewed the exact same games and they all reviewed a bunch of games form NTP

08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Guys something is fishy the first three reviewers basically reviewed the exact same games and they all reviewed a bunch of games form NTP
Not really a big deal anymore. Remember Lions Pride
08-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Not really a big deal anymore. Remember Lions Pride
okay, so anyone toftt i cant right now

08-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah reviewing your own apps isn't bad anymore, Doron is the new enemy.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
An educational game

I bought the game last night, but I don't think it was at the launch price ($3.99 AU)... Edit: Guess I was too quick off the mark/too keen (oh well, don't regret my purchase).

Anyway, to the game itself - I would class it as a trivia like game. From what I've played, the game is structured thus:
1. You're presented with 3 definitions/defenses that you need to learn.
2. Using the 3 definitions that you just learned, identify which one is being used with the following 10 statements/situations presented one after the other (you get points for each one you get right - this is achieved by tapping on an icon).
3. Do a therapy session with a particular character and identify which of the definitions is being presented to you from their dialogue (touch the appropriate icon) - this section seems to convey what a therapy session is like with the dialogue between you and the character filled with the appropriate shrink like "talk" (not that I would personally know, but from what I've seen in the movies ).

The further you progress, the more definitions you learn and you then need to apply all you've learnt to subsequent therapy sessions (ie. you're given more choices to choose from in the sessions, so you can't just forget what you've learnt from previous sessions...).

It's a well produced game with nicely animated graphics and sounds (there's even some speech throughout the game).

If you've ever wondered what it's like to be a shrink, give this game a go, you won't be disappointed... I should also mention it's a very challenging game too - you definitely need to think and understand all the information being presented to you

Last edited by JediOne; 08-13-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Saw the price decrease...