★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iControlPad

12-13-2008, 01:56 PM
iControlPad

Hey, first post here.

Does anyone know anything on the progress of the iControlPad?

Apparently there are some jb apps that support it. Seems like a good idea, I dunno.
12-13-2008, 01:57 PM
I think it's dumb.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

12-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Good idea---but looks very poorly implemented IMO

They should have made the device so that some of it covers the dead iPhone space... Thus making the device a helluva lot shorter. Not to mention the buttons are very oddly laid out and the D-pad would be awkward in the upper left corner

So yeah, it's a good idea, well, a GREAT idea. But this one is just poorly implemented IMHO
12-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
I think it's dumb.
Haha. Wow, blunt. But I agree.

iPhone gaming is about finding new control schemes and making old ones better. Not strapping on the same stuff. I'd never buy anything like this unless Apple made a better solution.
12-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post

iPhone gaming is about finding new control schemes and making old ones better. Not strapping on the same stuff. I'd never buy anything like this unless Apple made a better solution.
I think it'd be great for emulators, but that's about it. Although sometimes I really REALLY would prefer some sort of gamepad for some games. Especially when you get really into some and you wanna do some button mashing lol
12-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post

Well said. This remind me of all of the add ons for Wii....... not good.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic