★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Problem with iPad 2

02-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Problem with iPad 2

Today I was using my iPad and noticed it was really sluggish and laggy. So I turned it off without issue. When I went to turn my device back on it goes to the apple logo and loads for infinity without doing anything but have the apple logo displayed. The only thing I can think of is to restore the device however I have some really valuable pictures on it that I have not backed up. Is there anything else I could try or should I just restore to default settings.
02-23-2014, 06:20 PM
When I connect my iPad to a PC the auto play box comes up and gives me the option to transfer photos, I use windows 7, maybe it would be possible for you to do something like that? Then if you do have to restore you at least have the pics.
02-23-2014, 08:19 PM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by socom39 View Post
and loads for infinity..
..really?

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
02-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socom39 View Post
Today I was using my iPad and noticed it was really sluggish and laggy. So I turned it off without issue. When I went to turn my device back on it goes to the apple logo and loads for infinity without doing anything but have the apple logo displayed. The only thing I can think of is to restore the device however I have some really valuable pictures on it that I have not backed up. Is there anything else I could try or should I just restore to default settings.
Have you tried force rebooting your iPad 2? Hold down both the power and menu buttons until it reboots...