★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Would you guys recomend these games?

02-23-2014, 07:57 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Would you guys recomend these games?

I have some money to spend and I have some games that in interested in, but idk how good or bad they are. It's completely random btw. No one genre thanks guys.
Junk jack X
Cut the rope 2
Dungeonism
LE harve
Castle doombad
Echo prime
Agricola
Mage gauntlet
Battle heart
The bards tale
Pocket RPG
Kingdom rush: frontiers
Engimo: explore
Stone Age (the board game)
Carly's
Penny arcade the boardgame.
02-23-2014, 08:41 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
Junk jack X
Dungeonism
Castle doombad
Echo prime
Mage gauntlet
The bards tale
Pocket RPG
I don't know the rest, but these ones here are highly recommended. Specially dungeonism, Pocket RPG and Mage Gauntlet.

02-23-2014, 09:00 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
I don't know the rest, but these ones here are highly recommended. Specially dungeonism, Pocket RPG and Mage Gauntlet.
How's junk jack X as compared to...say terraria?
02-23-2014, 09:05 PM
#4
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
I have some money to spend and I have some games that in interested in, but idk how good or bad they are. It's completely random btw. No one genre thanks guys.
Junk jack X
Cut the rope 2
Dungeonism
LE harve
Castle doombad
Echo prime
Agricola
Mage gauntlet
Battle heart
The bards tale
Pocket RPG
Kingdom rush: frontiers
Engimo: explore
Stone Age (the board game)
Carly's
Penny arcade the boardgame.
The ones I own:-

Junk Jack X. YES! Buy it now
Le Havre - Avoid!
The Bards Tale - Solid game and includes the classic Bards Tale games!
Pocket RPG - ok but very repetitive

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
02-23-2014, 09:23 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
The ones I own:-

Junk Jack X. YES! Buy it now
Le Havre - Avoid!
The Bards Tale - Solid game and includes the classic Bards Tale games!
Pocket RPG - ok but very repetitive
What makes junk jack x so good, and why avoid LE harve?
02-23-2014, 09:25 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Oh and Carly's is meant to be caylus. Iphone is stupid.
02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
#7
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
How's junk jack X as compared to...say terraria?
Terraria plays way better on PC. Go with JJX you won't regret it.
02-23-2014, 09:54 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Junk jack x is pricy... But it still has updates and has great reviews so sure why not. Can anyone vouch for the penny arcade card game?
02-23-2014, 09:58 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroa View Post
Terraria plays way better on PC. Go with JJX you won't regret it.
It really depends what someone wants out of these two. That said Terraria is much better on PC. You're right about that.
Junk Jack is really more about crafting/Exploration.
Terraria is more about Action/Exploration.
That's not to say there isn't action in JJ or crafting in Terraria. Just that there is more emphasis on one than the other.
Personally I prefer Terraria. Even on an iPhone.
Bard's Tale is fantastic. Everyone with an interest in action RPGs should own this.
Pocket RPG and Mage Gauntlet are both great.
Castle Doombad is one of my favourite tower defence games.
02-23-2014, 10:40 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
I have some money to spend and I have some games that in interested in, but idk how good or bad they are. It's completely random btw. No one genre thanks guys.
Junk jack X
Cut the rope 2
Dungeonism
LE harve
Castle doombad
Echo prime
Agricola
Mage gauntlet
Battle heart
The bards tale
Pocket RPG
Kingdom rush: frontiers
Engimo: explore
Stone Age (the board game)
Carly's
Penny arcade the boardgame.
I own every single one of those. I'd recommend the following:


Junk jack X
Dungeonism
LE harve
Castle doombad
Agricola
Mage gauntlet
Battle heart
The bards tale
Pocket RPG
Kingdom rush: frontiers
Stone Age (the board game)
Caylus

It's a hard lost to whittle down since you do have some good games on there. Even the ones I took off are good games.

I'd also recommend:
Terraria
Lords of Waterdeep
Warhammer Quest
Doom and Destiny
Small World 2