• Publisher: Bithack
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.2 MB
  • Version: 1.4.0.5
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Welcome to the world of Principia.
Solve puzzles using the laws of physics. Help the robot get to the goal by building contraptions, bridges and vehicles.

Open up the sandbox editor and use over 190 unique objects to create anything from a simple teeter totter to a working calculator. Use the advanced electronics system to create your own games. Upload your creations to the community website or download creations by others.
Join thousands of other players and compete in the weekly Building Contests!

Play freely in the Adventure mode, explore worlds and progress by gathering resources and constructing objects that can be used to build anything you can imagine.
02-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Finally! I've been waiting for this since November, even posted about it in Upcoming

Youtube link | Pop Up

02-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Also on PC, has a demo available if you want to try first
http://principiagame.com/about

02-24-2014, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Also on PC, has a demo available if you want to try first
http://principiagame.com/about

Wow, the AppStore screenshots don't do it justice! I realise they'll be PC screenshots but the scope available to make stuff is very impressive! Definitely gone from mildly interested to most likely buying, cheers!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
02-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Wow, the AppStore screenshots don't do it justice! I realise they'll be PC screenshots but the scope available to make stuff is very impressive! Definitely gone from mildly interested to most likely buying, cheers!
Yeah it will definitely look better on PC, but the PC game is a port of the Android version and only released a few days ago, so if I'd assume that in terms of possibilities and content, all three versions are essentially the same

Youtube link | Pop Up

Seems very deep. Here's one cool example from the site
Quote:
A Rubicon series vehicle that will overcome road obstacles by automatically altering its own gravity. You have manual control over the throttle, brakes and curb height, but as you approach a road block, the VECU will take over until you are safely on the other side of the obstacle.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 02-24-2014 at 11:19 PM.
02-24-2014, 11:45 PM
If all the levels from that community levels video are compatible with this app I will buy it. Can someone confirm?

Obsessions: FTL | Sword of the Stars: The Pit (Gold Edition)
GC: onlyphoenix
02-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Okay, checked out the PC demo and essentially if you ever wanted Little Big Planet on IOS, your dream has come true. Well, at least, in a gameplay sense; game isn't as charming or platformer-heavy as LBP. For one thing, it has a similar three layer environment (background, middle ground, foreground) to traverse and build on. The PC controls are apparently still the same as the touch controls and I could see how they made the building and manipulating objects very simple for a touch interface. Very easy to move, rotate, and connect objects, and since it's all physics-based, just doing that was pretty fun.

Puzzle mode is cool, playing almost like a complex auto-runner (at least in the puzzles I've played). You place different control pads, wooden planks, other objects, and then press play for your robot to start working automatically and how and where you placed stuff will hopefully guide your robot(s) to the exit.

Adventure mode is totally different, where you build and explore

Last edited by Bronxsta; 02-24-2014 at 11:53 PM.
02-25-2014, 06:13 AM
Omg omg omg bought and downloading now, this looks like my dreams.
02-25-2014, 06:45 AM
This will be mine ! Looks awesome. Bought.
02-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Wow just played half an hour and this sure does look impressive,
Few things I've noticed so far though, the button controls need improving as there really small on iPad, maybe an option to scale them would be cool.
And there really needs to be a way to download user created levels to your device so you can play them any time without having to go through finding them in the menus each time.
Overall though pretty impressive stuff from what I've seen so far.

Edit, seems there's a ui scaler in the menu but you can't move it?

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 02-25-2014 at 08:00 AM.