★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 2d6
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 25.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Looma needs your help! After the destruction of Loomeria, Looma is left all alone, hurtling through space!

In this physics-based puzzle game, divert Looma's course with the gravity of Asteroids, blow him with Gas Giants, traverse Wormholes and much more as you guide Looma to safety, but watch out for the Cytrons!

Each Galaxy introduces new mechanics, challenges and dangers... Can you Save Looma?

Features:

- FREE to download and play the first 20 levels!
- Encounter Wormholes, Gas Giants, Minefields, Portals, Holopods, and much more!
- Original, innovative game mechanics for hours of fun!
- Fully supports the latest Super-HD 'Retina' displays, as well as older devices!
- Animated cut scenes!

App of the Week! - Marmalade

https://www.madewithmarmalade.com/blog/app-week-save-looma

Response from Players:

- "So it's like Lemmings for Astrophysicists, except you won't need the PhD... But there's just something about those cute little alien mannerisms that get you smiling and get you hooked!"

- "Clever physics puzzles, cutesy visuals and a pretty demanding difficulty curve. Recommended!"

- "Fiendishly addictive! If you're a fan of games like Cut The Rope, you'll love this. Unique concept that I've not seen before, you use different sized asteroids and planets to steer Looma by gravitational pull. It starts off easy but gets much trickier as the levels progress!"

- "Great fun! Clever puzzles, and nice to see something original instead of countless Flappy Bird clones!"

- "This is a super cute game that is unlike any other I've played! The gravity idea is really cool and the little Looma guy is adorable!"

For the latest Looma news and discussion, connect with us on Facebook & Twitter!

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/SaveLooma

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/SaveLooma

If you have any feedback about the game, good or bad, we'd love to hear from you! Please email feedback@SaveLooma.com with your comments/suggestions.

About 2d6 Games:

2d6 Games is an Independent Games Studio based in London, UK, founded in 2010. Save Looma is our first commercial game, has been over a year in development, and is entirely self-funded.

The company, and the games were working on, are born out of a passion for gaming and quality. We hope you enjoy playing Save Looma as much as we've enjoyed creating it!

http://www.2d6.co.uk

Lazer Kat's comments:
This game is obviously the result of a lot of love from the devs. It is one of the better puzzle games I've played in a while.
You get the first 60 levels free, and can unlock the full game for $0.99.

02-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Interestingly enough, more expensive "remove ads" option does just that. Rest of the levels stay unlocked. Oh well, my second refund incoming, hopefully.

02-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Interestingly enough, more expensive "remove ads" option does just that. Rest of the levels stay unlocked. Oh well, my second refund incoming, hopefully.
It does add up though. Unlock game is .99, remove ads is 1.99 and both together is 2.99 (Looma Lover Bundle). Ok, it doesn't add up, the bundle is one cent too expensive
02-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
This game is obviously the result of a lot of love from the devs. It is one of the better puzzle games I've played in a while.
You get the first 60 levels free, and can unlock the full game for $0.99.
The farting planet had me smile, I admit. This is a nice game yes (30 levels in). Not too difficult so far, but also not a kids only game. Too bad no achievements and no leaderboard (yet?). Could have an interesting leaderboard on shortest path for example
02-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I love it.
This is one of the (4 or 5) great games being overlooked this week.
03-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Save Looma! - Free indie puzzle game for iPhone & iPad

Hi Guys,

My name's Luke, I'm a one-man Indie Dev just launching my first game on iOS and Android! It's been over a year in development, and is entirely self-funded.

The last son of Loomeria is launched from the planet moments before its destruction... Now hes left all alone, hurtling through space!

Save Looma is a tile-based puzzle game featuring a cute, orphaned alien! Players must navigate Looma past a variety of hazards to reach safety, diverting his course using the gravity of Asteroids and other space objects. As the game progresses, Looma can collect stars to unlock other Galaxies! Each Galaxy introduces new mechanics, challenges and dangers Can you Save Looma?

Features:

- Free to download and play the first 60 levels!
- Encounter Wormholes, Gas Giants, Minefields, Portals, Holopods, and much more!
- Original, innovative game mechanics for hours of fun!
- Supports Super-HD Retina displays, as well as older devices!
- Animated cut scenes!

Download for free!:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/app/save-looma/id792546068?ls=1&mt=8

Google Play: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.Ltd2d6.SaveLooma

Any questions or feedback, let me know!

Many thanks,

Luke Thompson
2d6 Games

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/2d6_Games
03-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Hmm going to give this a try , graphics look crisp and colorful and the gameplay sounds if it right up my alley! Also nice that the game is free to try and has an iap to buy the complete game when you like it. Will post some impressions later on. One question for which device is sd, hd and shd ? iPhone 3GS , iPhone 4 , iPad 4 ?

Last edited by Breinstein; 03-01-2014 at 12:13 PM.
03-01-2014, 07:16 PM
That's great, thanks Breinstein!

Yep, you're spot on with the resolution options. Generally it's best to leave it on whatever the default was, since it will be calculated based on your device resolution, but the option is there to alter it manually in case players have memory/performance issues (the game also supports over 5000 Android devices!).

Hope you enjoy the game! If so, please spread the word and leave a rating, it's hard for us one-man developers.
03-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Love this game, usually I'm not a big fan of puzzle game but this one teach the mechanic really well ans slowly add more cool stuff The graphic is alright the gameplay is unique, the level design is excellent, the sound effect and character are very charming. I feel like everyone should give this game a try, the free version already pack so much content that it's hard not to recommend this game.
03-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Just realize there is 2 thread for Save Looma.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ght=Save+Looma