Support our Sponsors:

Old 02-26-2014, 12:52 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Default The Quest

Quick question. Are their any questions similar to "The Quest" but Universal (or for Ipad)? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate them? Please rate The Quest as well so I have a baseline. :-)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikavari View Post
Quick question. Are their any questions similar to "The Quest" but Universal (or for Ipad)? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate them? Please rate The Quest as well so I have a baseline. :-)
The Quest is an easy 8-9, there's nothing else exactly like is for iOS. The most similar titles are blobers like Undercroft and the new Coldfire Keep; of which Undercroft is my favorite, by far the better of the two listed and more similar to The Quest. However, those are not the only two blobers for iOS, other option exist.

Personally I'd give Undercroft the same 8-9 rating; it's not as massive as The Quest, not as open-world but it is more open-world than other blobers and you get a full party instead of just one character.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 AM

how would you rate coldfire?

edit: sadly undercroft is not universal. :-(
Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I play The Quest games on my ipad mini even though it's not universal.

The nature of the hand drawn pixelated graphics makes it stretch well, I find. And in no time at all, I got used to it.

I have tried many of these and The Quest is still my favorite.

I have not spent enough time on ColdFire to recommend it fully, right now I am experiencing too many bugs so I've shelved it until the developer gets a few patches in. I did enjoy my 4-5 hours with it so far, though, despite the flaws.

Another game to check out is Silversword. I bought it but haven't played it yet, however it comes highly recommended by good sources.

There is also QuestLord, which I have on my android phone and really enjoy it. It's a bit more simplistic but that's sometimes all I need/want.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:37 PM

ok ill check it out thanks!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:28 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
I play The Quest games on my ipad mini even though it's not universal.

The nature of the hand drawn pixelated graphics makes it stretch well, I find. And in no time at all, I got used to it.

I have tried many of these and The Quest is still my favorite.

I have not spent enough time on ColdFire to recommend it fully, right now I am experiencing too many bugs so I've shelved it until the developer gets a few patches in. I did enjoy my 4-5 hours with it so far, though, despite the flaws.

Another game to check out is Silversword. I bought it but haven't played it yet, however it comes highly recommended by good sources.

There is also QuestLord, which I have on my android phone and really enjoy it. It's a bit more simplistic but that's sometimes all I need/want.
Silversword reminds me more of the Bard's Tale Trilogy whereas The Quest was more like the love-child of Might and
Magic and Oblivion...
Old 02-27-2014, 09:47 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Silversword reminds me more of the Bard's Tale Trilogy whereas The Quest was more like the love-child of Might and
Magic and Oblivion...
Yeah, I just fired up silversword last night, read the manual, created my party and that was almost an hour later lol so I didn't get to actually play it.

It looks quite complex, but I'm dedicated to try it out. Have you spent a lot of time with it?

As for The Quest, that's a really good way to describe it, actually. A lot of elements reminded me of Morrowind, which is very similar to Oblivion. And the movement system is just like might&magic (grid based).

I'm just a sucker for any 1st person RPGs, grid based or not. Wish we had a port of Ultima Underworld on IOS though. I remember playing through it on my pocket PC.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Did nobody play Daggerfall? If you haven't and you enjoy the Quest you really ought to try it out. You can still get it free from Bethesda's site, PC only of course, but any modern machine will run it.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:24 PM

i played daggerfall... its probably the most "open world" game in existence... maybe to the point of being too open LOL.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikavari View Post
i played daggerfall... its probably the most "open world" game in existence... maybe to the point of being too open LOL.
Perhaps but I really enjoyed the early game's mercenary lack of narrative. I always skip the main quest in Bethesda Games and oddly enough Daggerfalls main quest is actually my favorite.