Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default One Spear Savage (By 36peas)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 27.8 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements :

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

One Spear Savage is an action arena spear-em-up. Fight a bunch of savages on randomly generated maps with JUST ONE SPEAR.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hmm... looks like I ever seen this one... once again, unexpected release for tonight... Come on time... move faster, please
Old 02-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Developer
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Update app description & launch price info

Hey -- I just updated the app info on ITC, so it'll have more info by the time it hits the other stores (I've copied it below).

The game will be $1 for the first week, and then $3 normally. There's no IAP and no ads.

---------- updated app description -----------

One Spear Savage is an action arena spear-em-up. Fight a bunch of savages on randomly generated maps with JUST ONE SPEAR.

Move your savage around the single-screen area by tapping where you want to go. Tap and hold to throw your spear to kill savages or complete objectives. Each savage only gets one spear, and they have to go pick up their own spear once they've thrown it.

- iPad2/mini+, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4th Gen recommended
- iOS 4.3+
- Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements
- 3 map types, in 2 variants each
- 3 game modes
- total of 18 unique combinations, each with its own leaderboards
- 45 achievements

Every game is played on a unique map, with randomly generated features. Players complete objectives across 3 modes and 6 maps. The spears are physically modelled and players can pull off a variety of trick and advanced throws as they improve their skills. Increase your score by acculumating multipliers, killing savages and completing objectives.

Jungle & Jungle II maps are filled with explosive barrels -- use them to your advantage.

Snow Storms & Snow Storm II maps are covered in snow -- you must throw your arrow in the fight direction to compensate for the direction of the storm.

Volcano & Volcano II maps feature Volcanoes! Watch out for the exploding lava.

Spear Match is the classic death match-style kill everyone mode. Kill as many savages as you can. Increase your multiplier by killing savages without missing.

Capture the Flag makes you capture markers on the map to increase your multipler. Hold on to them (by keeping the other savages away) to avoid loosing your multiplier and increase your score.

Death Race gives you a series of relays you have to get to before they expire. Scoring high means not missing a relay and trying to kill some savages along the way.

--

One Spear Savage was recently shown at Indiecade East and got fantastic response -- thanks to all those who played
Old 02-26-2014, 09:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Another game I've had my eye on from the Upcoming section. This is a week to remember for me, my wallet will certainly remember it!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 AM

Interested in this. Looking forward to impressions
Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

One of the 4 games I've acquired so far tonight. if only my internet could keep up!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

I got this because I missed playing DOTA heroes that threw hooks, arrows and other projectiles. It's a single player game entirely against bots in deathmatch, capture the flag, and a "death race" mode. Tap to move and hold to aim in that direction then release to throw your spear, hoping to avoid all obstacles and hit another savage to score. Thing is, you only have one spear. Once you throw it, you have to pick it up or leave yourself unarmed and useless, similar to Hoplite's javelin.

You won't find much else to do other than throw a spear around the screen despite having 3 game modes. That's not to say it's terrible (it's fun!) but if throwing a projectile isn't your thing, you won't get much out of One Spear Savage. The high scoring game can be addictive though with huge numbers popping up and scores in the millions (or not if you suck :P).

I also find it weird that touching a spear that's been on the ground for a good while can kill you. That same mechanic can work towards your advantage as well if enemies just so happen to walk over it. I just wish there were more sound effects for hitting things.

Lots of Game Center achievements to get and leaderboards abound. I recommend getting this.

Last edited by Echoen; 02-26-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Old 02-26-2014, 06:21 PM

I would normally have looked past this, but after watching Eli play it on Twitch I'm very excited to play this!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

This game is really good and shouldn't be overlooked this week.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:12 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccruncher View Post
I would normally have looked past this, but after watching Eli play it on Twitch I'm very excited to play this!
So did i and now i'm having a great time with it. Just one more...addicting.
Echoen already wrote down my same thoughts - soundeffects for hitting things don't exist, too bad ! Definitely a miss for now but easily done with an update. And this sounds rude, dear Devs, but your icon has to be changed very, very fast. It does your nice game absolutely no favor, imho.