★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * 'With everything set up so that even a newcomer to the genre can pick it up quickly, theres no reason not to see if this could be the beginning of a lovely relationship. 4/5" - Indie Game Reviewer
* "A very rewarding and easily recommended gaming experience." - Gear Diary
* "As a whole, Avadon 2: The Corruption offers a great value for those who enjoy an old-school style RPG. To tell you the truth, I ended up playing this game for eight hours straight on my first play. 4.5/5"
- Game Industry News
* "Do yourself a favor and pick it up now and support this great effort to bring us a quality RPG. 5/5"
- RPGWatch
* "Frankly this is the most fun I've had with an RPG all year. 7/10" - Dealspwn

Avadon 2: The Corruption is a huge, indie fantasy role-playing adventure, the second chapter in the epic Avadon trilogy. You will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure as you try to save your homeland from civil war and fiery destruction.

Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:

* Comes with the entire game, fully functional. No need to pay more money to do anything.
* Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
* Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
* Uncover the fascinating histories of Avadon and the many lands of Lynaeus.
* Many different endings. Will you be loyal to Avadon or switch sides and bring it down? The choice is yours!
* Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
* Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
* Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with Avadon: The Black Fortress is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 2.
02-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Wowzers this is one expensive release night.
Gonna pass on this one though... cause I just recently bought it on Steam!

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

02-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Always great to see Games of this quality on the ipad.
02-26-2014, 10:04 AM
One day this and baldurs gate will be mine, until that day arrives I will continue to wish for universal ( although I know it would be difficult with the on screen buttons )

Where's that genie when you need him/her
02-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Really been waiting for this one, instant purchase.
02-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:

* Comes with the entire game, fully functional. No need to pay more money to do anything.
It's a sad world we live in these days when good, honest developers have to add this box quote as a selling feature!

That being said, I had an amazing time with Avadon 1, bought all the other iPad releases from Jeff Vogel's Spiderweb, and I am super excited for getting my hands on this tonight.

Share your experiences when you get it - namely what has changed in terms of UI for the iPad. Not looking for spoilers
02-26-2014, 11:55 AM
this is a wishlist for me. gotta beat avernum: the pit first!
02-26-2014, 12:36 PM
This really means I have an almost endless supply of excellent turn-based RPGs for my ipad.

I'm still going through Avadon: The black fortress, and have yet to play Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Avernum 6.

This is awesome! If it's anything like the first avadon, it'll be worth every penny, if not WAY MORE than asking price.
02-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
( although I know it would be difficult with the on screen buttons )
It really wouldn't. We have enough complex RGPs, turn-based as well as realtime (From KOTOR to Bastion, and TBS-RPGS with far more complex battle mechanics, such as FFT and XCOM, at least two of which were said to be impossible to port to the iPhone when they were released for the iPad, but worked wonderfully for the smaller format and sold very well) for the iPhone to know that just about any RPG port is feasible.

It is a shame Jeff Vogel insists on iPad ports only in spite of this, but he does have some other reasonable arguments against a universal version. Though his foremost, smartphone pricing and how this relates to his regular desktop prices, might be void and null, since I think there is a good chance enough would purchase a deep iPhone RPG like this even for the iPad price tag (and not only Spiderweb Software fans since almost 20 years back, like me ).

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 02-26-2014 at 01:08 PM.
02-26-2014, 06:16 PM
It just won't work for IPhone...
Some things are tiny on an Ipad due to the huge amount of items..
maybe it works on an iPhone if you have a magnifier on top of your screen lol