Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-27-2014, 01:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default BASICAL Free - this time: it's free w/ iAds

Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

My game BASICAL has been out for awhile now on iPhone for $0.99

Honestly, its received one or two good reviews, but hasn't really taken the world by storm, so I've just released this ad-supported free version in an effort to get more people playing and hopefully generate discussion on this forum, good or bad, about that game.

The philosophy behind the game's design is about casual interaction and randomness - I would have just posted this on my other thread, but its dead and I couldn't edit the thread title.

Would you kindly, check out this free game.

Last edited by MrMalm; 03-13-2014 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: added video
Old 02-27-2014, 01:23 AM

I played this game when it was a paid app and I had a great time with it. The game builds well in speed and tempo. The retro theme is baked into every aspect of the game and really hit that nostalgia button for me.

Its worth a crack for free.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:55 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I played this game when it was a paid app and I had a great time with it. The game builds well in speed and tempo. The retro theme is baked into every aspect of the game and really hit that nostalgia button for me.

Its worth a crack for free.
Agree - properly enjoyed around the festive period and good one for releasing a separate free version rather than adding ads to the paid one.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Both the paid and free (ad-supported) versions are now universal apps. Not sure thats really a great feature because it worked fine in the emulator on the iPad before anyways and frankly it was a real hassle to add all the math to get the layouts right on the iPad.

Also iAd is terrible. Apparently, it takes a few days for it to even start severing ads and even then the fill rate is probably terrible. Check it out now while apple isn't serving ads to the free version because they have a 3-4 day grace period to make sure new iAd apps aren't a scam or something?!?

Will be adding flappy birds in the next update.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hey, sorry to pull a Scharpling on you guys, but BASICAL 2 has been canceled. I know everybody has been clamoring for BASICAL 2 now for some time but the studio executives canceled the project along with High School Wherewolf Basketball. I'm going to refund all of the kickstarter money (minus the 30% kickstarted stole and my usual fee). I have bitcoin if you prefer

Last edited by MrMalm; 03-08-2014 at 03:42 PM..
Old 03-08-2014, 02:17 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

For those that keep asking: BASICAL 2 was loosely based on Ghostbusters, but not in a copyright infringing way. Well, not until late into the development process.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Also I will be taking down the free (ad-supported) version of my game BASICAL free: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/basical-free/id814866836?ls=1&mt=8 soon because frankly the success is overwhelming. I'm just making too much money and pressure from the governor here is forcing me to shut down.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:26 PM

I gotta respect your attitude and sense of humour man. Is this your first game on the App Store?

At least you can hold your head high that you've produced a polished and enjoyable experience. The amount of shovelware out there is simply shocking. The real challenge is exposure and getting people to notice these diamonds in the rough
Old 03-08-2014, 03:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I gotta respect your attitude and sense of humour man. Is this your first game on the App Store?

At least you can hold your head high that you've produced a polished and enjoyable experience. The amount of shovelware out there is simply shocking. The real challenge is exposure and getting people to notice these diamonds in the rough
Hey thanks. I'm trying to get my app featured on an episode of Big Bang Theory but they want like $5k to do it.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Made a trailer for the game so you can decide you don't like it before you download:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up