Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Default World of Tanks Blitz (By Wargaming)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/26/414...et-ios-android

"World of Tanks Blitz is "inspired by" the Windows PC title World of Tanks, says Wargaming.net, but the game is being built specifically for mobile devices. It will offer up to seven-on-seven action in player-versus-player matches, and users will be able to lead the forces of nations such as the U.S., U.S.S.R. and Germany into battle. The array of vehicles in World of Tanks Blitz will include medium and heavy tanks, as well as tank destroyers."

Last edited by killercow; 03-26-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I will play it only if it can be connected to my PC game account and experience is shared, definitely won't grind to tier X tanks again.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to sicksilvo

They are now accepting applications for beta testing.

Link (it's in Russian):http://wotblitz.org/test.html

Google translate ver:http://translate.google.com/translat...org%2F&act=url

Some info about the game: First WoT Blitz QA

Last edited by sicksilvo; 05-12-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Old 05-12-2013, 03:37 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

only for russian
Old 05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
I will play it only if it can be connected to my PC game account and experience is shared, definitely won't grind to tier X tanks again.
It's a different game.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

YAYYYYYYY. Now I can shoot tanks on my iPad now sweet :3
Old 05-12-2013, 10:11 PM

Wow this is awesome news.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to sicksilvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
From Overlord: "Integration-wise we need to make sure everything is in compliance with Apple and Google policies. Right now, can't say for sure what functionality will be in. " & "I'd expect leveling to be 3-4 times faster than on PC (sure thing going to test it during the beta). One of the key design goals is to minimize frustration, because it can negatively affect retention. Can't allow this to happen."

Game is being developed by a separate Minsk-based studio initially known as DAVA (DavaConsulting) , now it's Wargaming mobile.

Some of interesting info from blog:
Q:Where can I sign up for NA beta testing?
A:Haven't started the application process yet. Will do that once we finalize controls and have a more polished version. Pre-alpha stage now. Going to launch internal testing soon.

Q:Will you try to make Blitz's content be the same as PC version or not? If yes, will it get update at same time at PC version about the contents or be delayed few months after official version on PC?
A:Not the same. We are going for 3 vehicle classes (less then on PC) and planning to have brand new maps. Vehicle-wise we have enough tanks for like 2-3 years of operation, so it won't be a problem.

Q:Maps in Blizt are also smaller so will all the structures of maps can be destroyed or limited as PC?
A;Not all of the objects can be destroyed. It's both for performance and gameplay sake.

Q:Will Blitz have the terrain (the ground) destroyable: Holes on ground?
A:Computing power of mobile devices won't allow terraforming and full destruction. Not yet at least.

Q:Can you estimate the percentage of the progress compare to expected alpha or release stage?
A:close to 25%, I think.

Images are from this video

Update 1 (24.5.2013) - a.k.a. This will be hard to read

Take all of this with a big grain of salt and here is why: all of the info was translated using google translate from Russian to English, there is no official statement by devs. only articles,interviews,etc.

Info was taken from here, i'll post some of more interesting stuff from it.

1. "..the expected system requirements for the game will be pretty high. After optimization of World of Tanks Blitz should work fine on the iPad 2 and iPhone 4" - And just yesterday they (Wargaming.net) posted a job offer for C + + programmer to work on WOT:Blitz - "High requirements for optimization and the ability to write compact quick but beautiful code"

2. "..client will weigh at least 500 MB of mobile standards that very much. Of course, the game will require internet connection 100% of the time"

3. "..the ideal-optimal device for the game - it's iPad Mini"

4. "Premium account in World of Tanks Blitz, is likely to be shared with the World of Tanks"

From other article:

5. "..90 tanks of different powers (the USSR, Germany and the USA), divided into 10 levels of pumping"

In that same article: "The developers promise to support even the most advanced devices - the game will work fine on the iPad 2, iPad Mini and iPhone 4. But the minimum requirements for Android will announce later."

Last edited by sicksilvo; 05-24-2013 at 05:08 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 12:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Can't wait for it! I really need to be part of the beta testing I was in the world of warplanes testing. I can't wait
Old 07-05-2013, 02:44 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Not sure how I missed this??

Anyway, I am currently testing the 360 version and Its awesome!

Hopefully the controls work out....they look good in those videos....but the gameplay may just be slow enough for this to actually work.

Looking good!

Last edited by Twenty One; 07-05-2013 at 02:47 PM..

Closed Thread