★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: IFruitBomb - Fruit Machine Sim

08-14-2009, 05:33 AM
IFruitBomb - Fruit Machine Sim

Price: 99c/59p

An in-depth fruit machine simulator providing single or multiplayer gaming.

Features include:

Single player Tournament Mode: Play against computer controlled opponents in a timed race to cash out with the most winnings.

Supports multiple currencies: Dollars, Euros, and Pounds.

Multi-player Credit Play and Tournament Mode: Supports play for up to 4 people on the same device.

Zoom mode graphics engine takes you straight to the action during gameplay.

Skill based sub games include Hold the fuse, Fruit Picker, Fast Reels, Win picker, Big Wonga, Mega Bomb and many more.

Highscores registered for all game modes.

developers website:
http://www.idorweb.com/ifruitbomb/index.html

just picked this up for a try, impressions soon.

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

Last edited by Acidbottle; 09-24-2009 at 05:45 AM.
08-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post
i'll update the main page when i can source a picture (i like colourful first posts ). just picked this up for a try, impressions soon.
Look I did all the hard work for you
-----------------------------------------------------

08-14-2009, 05:46 AM
lol you're liking those funky appshoper stylee links

cheers tho!

08-14-2009, 06:47 AM
This game really caught my eye when I saw it this morning. I love how colourful it is and also how many bonus games it has, which is a must in any slot/fruit machine game. I might well try it out but I'd like some good impressions first. I hope it turns out to be a good one!

One thing I have noticed already is that the prize money is in $ rather than . I thought fruit machines were more British than American, but it's just a minor thing

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
08-14-2009, 07:30 AM
oki well ive played this fer an hour or so and quite pleased with what there is so far.

it does play very much like a UK fruitmachine and is far better than some of the one arm bandit games already on the appstore in terms of game depth.

visually its very nice when zoomed in. you can tap anywhere on the machine for a close up view and double tap to rest to fulll screen. the game looks patchy in full screen however, and will be difficult to play like that for a long period of time. you can set set it to go on auto zoom (selected as default) but prefered it off as when you zoom in, it resets to full screen after each spin of the reels.

i wont go into too much depth with the various game modes but there are bonus wheels that spin, nudge jackpots, hi lo games etc. pretty standard but a first for an idevice game as far as i know. there are 2 game modes, 1 is a standard credit sytem where you can select how much virtual coin is put in, the other is multiplayer hotseat tournament (not tried). in regards to the currency issue, it can be set to dollar, pounds or euros from the main menu

no high score table as yet but records your best payout. again, an online highscore chart would be a real bonus here i think, nothin fancy but a top 10 would give this some nice replay value, tho its quite fun as it is.

audio is kinda hmm. there is music and fx, both can be on or off. music is alright, nothin spectacular but the fx could be far better. at first i didnt hear them at all but realised my sound levels were on zero! could be a game bug but cant confirm if the game rest the volume. anyways, the fx would be oki but a male voice goes boom when a certain 'fruit' hits the win line. very very annoying imo! the other clunks n pings of a usual fruitmachine are oki but really i would like to see these beefed up for a better atmosphere.

all in all a quite competent simulator and maybe the best one on the store right now. at the current price, if this is your thing, id recommend it.

Last edited by Acidbottle; 08-14-2009 at 07:37 AM.
08-14-2009, 08:30 AM
very nice been wanting a UK style fruit machine for ages, just purchased will report back later how it is
08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
total awesomeness! just like the reel deal! i've been waiting forever to see one of these in the appstore, and the developers didnt chimp out at all...tonnes of mini games, holds & nudges, point counts, the hi-lo wheel, and top notch graphics and sounds effects too! for .99 a steal. only thing missing is the actual sound of the payout, where coins won are fired into the catch tray with a resounding "thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk" a small omission that could be included in update...must buy for fruit machine fans...U.K machines are the best, and this is an outstanding introduction if you never tried one before
08-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Been looking for one of these... but I dunno how to play Is there any kind of tutorial?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-14-2009, 07:06 PM
along the top, the machine informs you whats going on, what your choices are, what you can win...this helps to understand the subgames as you play...total awesomeness...buy, buy, buy

this is the "real racing" of fruit machines!

actually, the only other thing I remember about the essence of the real U.K fruit machines that isn't captured in this simulation is the part where, when you have a lot of nudges, you physically bend down, and start looking up the reels, to see what other partially hidden winning combinations are available to nudge to...in this sim, you can only see what is visible in the main window...however, this part of the real experience is perhaps an unrealistic expectation in a sim...

Last edited by qUAntUm k; 08-14-2009 at 07:14 PM.
09-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qUAntUm k View Post
along the top, the machine informs you whats going on, what your choices are, what you can win...this helps to understand the subgames as you play...total awesomeness...buy, buy, buy

this is the "real racing" of fruit machines!

actually, the only other thing I remember about the essence of the real U.K fruit machines that isn't captured in this simulation is the part where, when you have a lot of nudges, you physically bend down, and start looking up the reels, to see what other partially hidden winning combinations are available to nudge to...in this sim, you can only see what is visible in the main window...however, this part of the real experience is perhaps an unrealistic expectation in a sim...
well .. blow me if they havnt pulled out a blinder of an update!

apart from tidying things up, polishing the sound fx and a couple bug fixes, they went and added a 3d flavour to this game! by tilting the device you can look up and down the reels to see winning combos, its a stretch on the eyes but does work! what an awesome feature ..

if this one has passed you by and youre looking for a quality UK fruit machine, this is the one!