★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

R.type $1.99 > $0.99

02-28-2014, 02:13 AM
R.type $1.99 > $0.99

sale again

Last edited by mrbiggles; 03-01-2014 at 05:47 PM.
02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

03-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks went ahead and grabbed it!
08-21-2014, 02:30 AM
$1

148 Review 4/5 http://www.148apps.com/reviews/rtype-review-2/

"A game of such difficulty requires an effective control system and DotEmu has it covered with a choice of two types. Thereís a virtual joystick similar to before, but thereís also the option to tap wherever the player wants, freeing them up to hold the iOS device how they prefer. Even better, thereís iCade support, which is bound to excite hardened arcade gamers.

R.Type remains an incredibly difficult game, as it should do. Itís never going to be a welcoming game to all. For those looking for a hard fix of 1980s style difficulty though, this re-release is just as fine as DotEmuís original iOS conversion, with the added benefit of Game Center support for the leaderboard happy. It captures all the frustration, tears and joy of the iconic shooter."
08-21-2014, 02:58 AM
I'm stunned people had to even wait to grab this. Thought this very famous game was an instant buy for everyone ?!

Its a great great game, controls work very well, make sure you pick up the sequel as well
08-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I'm stunned people had to even wait to grab this. Thought this very famous game was an instant buy for everyone ?!

Its a great great game, controls work very well, make sure you pick up the sequel as well

I have them both. I think with the younger generation of gamers of today. R-Type and R-Type II are just too hard or the attention span isn't there.
08-21-2014, 10:55 AM
I'd like to get this or the sequel.
Which is more fun?
Which has better touch controls?

I know the game is hard but at least on easy mode you get infinite lives...
08-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookingPie View Post
I'd like to get this or the sequel.
Which is more fun?
Which has better touch controls?

I know the game is hard but at least on easy mode you get infinite lives...

Get them both.
08-21-2014, 02:11 PM
ONE! which ONE 1.
i dont need two games i wont play 'cause they're too hard. ones enough!

S O which O N E.

thanks
08-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookingPie View Post
ONE! which ONE 1.
i dont need two games i wont play 'cause they're too hard. ones enough!
S O which O N E.
thanks
this one is the best of the two r-type games. so if you want a well rounded game then buy this version. if your a mega r-type fan then u would get both / buy r-type 2.

R-TYPE 1
A game of such difficulty requires an effective control system and DotEmu has it covered with a choice of two types. There’s a virtual joystick similar to before, but there’s also the option to tap wherever the player wants, freeing them up to hold the iOS device how they prefer. Even better, there’s iCade support, which is bound to excite hardened arcade gamers.

R.Type remains an incredibly difficult game, as it should do. It’s never going to be a welcoming game to all. For those looking for a hard fix of 1980s style difficulty though, this re-release is just as fine as DotEmu’s original iOS conversion, with the added benefit of Game Center support for the leaderboard happy. It captures all the frustration, tears and joy of the iconic shooter.

R-Type 2
R-Type II to help mitigate some of the extreme challenge there’s that unlimited lives mode, but the problem with it is that everything starts to get a bit grating after an extremely short matter of time. The music, which sounds cool for the first minute? It is now the soundtrack of death. Simple enemy formations now become challenging because they require more attention from the player than just rote repetition, but when trying again and again that’s just what happens, and then those sections become difficult and the cycle of frustration continues unabated.

Really, this game is only for the patient and the brave shoot-em-up fans who can take this kind of heat. R-Type 2 is unrelenting, and only shmup experts will see much of this game without rage quitting. The port is solid, but the game is only for a limited audience.

Last edited by mrbiggles; 08-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.