★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bugs&Spiders (Xonix / Qix Remake)

08-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Bugs&Spiders (Xonix / Qix Remake)

Available on the iTunes App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323770985&mt=8&s=143519

Welcome to the World of Bugs and Spiders. You are a little hero (incarnated as a spider) in this dangerous world and you have to be quick to stay alive. Build your web and catch your prey but be careful, danger is just around the tree. You will have to play tactical to survive.

Bugs and Spiders is a remake of a classical gaming principle used in games called XONIX and QIX. The gaming area has to be divided up and thereby reduced in size. This gets more and more difficult with a growing number of enemies.

The goal of the game is to score as many points as possible by partitioning the arena and catching different bugs. The spider must avoid bugs so that they do not touch the trail left behind the spider as it travels across the arena. Some of the bugs can be eaten when they are caught in a web.

The game becomes more challenging with each new level. Various levels have different insects with varying features and behaviors, which makes this game unpredictable and fun to play.

In addition there is Online-Highscore where players all over the world can compete with each other.

We are already planning multiple updates with additional gaming content.
Additional ideas and feedback is always highly appreciated!

LANGUAGES: English, German, Latvian and Estonian.

Screenshots:
08-14-2009, 07:29 AM
the graphics certainly look very cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

08-14-2009, 09:57 AM
The graphics are very nice and the game plays well, though I don't really like the tilt to move aspect of it...

Also, since it webbs the smaller portion of the screen, it's pretty easy to trap baddies early on, which makes the levels a bit easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
it's such a shame this came out after Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor.

It looks very nice actually, with the insect capturing element, but I'm afraid it's hard to follow Spider.

arn
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
it's such a shame this came out after Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor
True, but they are really only superficially similar. Gameplay seems very different.

On the other hand, I hate tilt-control games, so I will stick with S:SoBM unless they come out with a touch interface.

Michael
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
True, but they are really only superficially similar. Gameplay seems very different.

On the other hand, I hate tilt-control games, so I will stick with S:SoBM unless they come out with a touch interface.

Michael
I hate tilt control games too Otherwise this would have been a must buy
08-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverScarab View Post
I hate tilt control games too Otherwise this would have been a must buy
Except for driving games. Tilting is ok for steering.

Michael
08-14-2009, 05:44 PM
I would guess the first post is from the developer since the game was also made in Germany.

I also agree swipe touch controls like Zoneout would be great and the gameplay is different enough from Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor ( bought yesterday) that it would be worth buying and a deal at .99.

I have most all the Qix type games and will like the new graphics and twist in game play that Bugs and Spiders offers.

I think for .99 cents and if the developer says he will add swipe controls, unless everyone says tilt is responsive enough on the more challenging levels I will buy it.

Waiting for developers response and other forum users feedback on the controls.

Thanks,

Rad
08-15-2009, 01:50 AM
I got this game today. I have to agree- it is a shame that this came out the same time as Spider: The Secret Of Bryce Manor. They may look like they are similiar games, but they really aren't. I have both of these games. This game is much more of a arcade, rack up as many points as possible type of game. It is a fun arcade game with the difficulty increasing as you go along (first few levels are very easy). Although the controls do not bother me, I would still recommend the developer adds a touch control option to appeal to a wider customer base. I can see where the touch control would probably be better for more difficult levels.