★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Platforms Limited is a minimalistic, zen, challenging one-button platformer! This game demo is a cross between Platforms Unlimited and Limited:100. It features a campaign of 12 levels to be completed in succession.

--- Comments by the Press about Platforms Unlimited----

- Cult of Mac, 4/5 What [Platforms Unlimited] is is addictive.
- Touch Arcade, 4/5 An endless supply of constantly evolving environments, coupled with finely tuned jumping, will keep you coming back for a long time
- iPlayApps.de, This challenging arcade platformer pulled us into its spell ...
- Covered at the 148Apps Live Show
- 148Apps 4.5/5 Platforms Unlimited takes the formula of The Impossible Game and similar titles: geometric shapes thrust into platforming environments filled with adversity. This games twist? Procedurally-generated levels. This immense variety serves as the core of an incredibly well-made game.
- Pocket Gamer 4/5 Deft controls and smart random level generation lead to one of the freshest endless-runners in some time

--------

The Rules:
- Minimalistic: Touch the screen to jump, touch longer to jump farther.
- Avoid red enemies.
- Collect all yellow coins in a level to obtain the gold trophy.
- Collect power-ups for gameplay bonuses.

The Challenge:
- The difficulty lies in the required jumping precision and the analysis of procedural levels to find a way through.
- The sound effects on landing, which are characterized by the level, help with timing.
03-01-2014, 02:52 AM
The precision that these controls give you is a thing of beauty.
What a good game.

03-01-2014, 03:05 AM
Then you should buy the full version, it's a great game

Game Center: sink_or_swim
03-01-2014, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Then you should buy the full version, it's a great game
Lol.
Interesting enough, I just realized that I already have the full game.

I play so many of these type games they sort of run together I suppose.
03-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Lol.
Interesting enough, I just realized that I already have the full game.

I play so many of these type games they sort of run together I suppose.
Now that's funny

I should add that while technically, this is a demo using the same mechanics than the Unlimited version, it offers a different experience (beat-the-levels).

This means that both version can be enjoyed independently, so you might want to check it out even if you played the Unlimited (endless) version.

Once we have more impressions, we'll see if we should add more levels in this version or/and make something like a 100 levels pack/game.

XperimentalZ Games website Twitter:@XperimentalZ

Last edited by XperimentalZ; 03-01-2014 at 12:52 PM.
03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Definately would pay for a 100 pack of levels, plus add in Game Center support like the endless version has...
03-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Very happy this is a thing! Insta Download (i already have unlimited)
03-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperimentalZ View Post
Now that's funny

I should add that while technically, this is a demo using the same mechanics than the Unlimited version, it offers a different experience (beat-the-levels).

This means that both version can be enjoyed independently, so you might want to check it out even if you played the Unlimited (endless) version.

Once we have more impressions, we'll see if we should add more levels in this version or/and make something like a 100 levels pack/game.
I would totally love more levels and would pay in the blink of an eye, I have the unlimited on iOS and the limited version on android and enjoy both equally.
03-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Yes.
More levels = take my money

Quote:
Can you please be a little more clear as to the exact difference between this and the full version?
Is it just that this offers levels, and the original was only endless? I thought PL had a level mode as well. I need to revisit that game.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 03-01-2014 at 02:41 PM.
03-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Yes.
More levels = take my money

Can you please be a little more clear as to the exact difference between this and the full version?
Is it just that this offers levels, and the original was only endless? I thought PU had a level mode as well. I need to revisit that game.
Platforms Unlimited = endless procedurally generated levels with missions to complete and Power-ups to unlock. It also has a daily mode with 3 new procedurally generated levels appearing every day.

Platforms limited = 12 levels to beat one after the other. Procedurally generated but hand-picked to select the coolest generations. The number of coins you pick-up determines the trophy you get for that level. Some of the power-ups are introduced in various levels.

XperimentalZ Games website Twitter:@XperimentalZ