Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 12:51 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past (by Glitchsoft)

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2...t=story-22047&

Yesterday, Marvel announced that Glitchsoft is developing a game based on the classic X-Men story Days of Future Past. Set for a May release, timed to coincide with the release of the upcoming movie with the same name (however, according to the press release, that's the only similarity between the two), this game will be a 2D sidescroller with some "unique features". Among the list of supported devices are iPhone 4 and above, iPad 2 and above and iPod Touch 5th Gen.

Other than a teaser image (inspired by the classic cover of the first issue of the titular story), no image or trailers have been released thus far (at least that I could find).

Last edited by TheMerc; 03-01-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 11:39 PM

I thought I saw something about this months back but hadn't seen any other info. I'd be curious if it's anything like the classic Sega Genesis games perhaps, set in this arc? That could be pretty excellent....we need some screenshots!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:10 AM

For those of you who're interested, some new information regarding this game has been revealed. You can find said interview, as well as three concept art pics, in this link (it's in italian, though): http://www.androidworld.it/2014/04/1...o-foto-224641/

Here are some of the highlights:
- As predicted, Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past will bear some resemblance gameplay-wise to He-Man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe, being described as "side-scrolling beat-'em-up" with some exploration sections. Visually, we can expect the game to feature a comic-book-like art style (with some inspirations taken from the '90s cartoon series as well).
- The main story, inspired by the events of the classic Claremont/Byrne story, will follow 5 specific X-Men: Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Cyclops and Scarlet Witch. However, the interviewee has revealed that free DLC with additional characters can be expected a few weeks after launch. Hints regarding who those characters are will be available throughout the game (though, since fan-favorites Storm and Nightcrawler were also involved in the classic comic book story, I'm going to hazard a guess and say they are likely candidates).
- This game will have no other connection to the upcoming movie other than the title. According to the developer, the only inspirations for this game were the comic book story and the episodes of the 90's cartoon also focused around it.
- The game will cater to both the casual (being fun and affordable) and hardcore (featuring multiple characters with different gameplay styles) crowds.
- The game will NOT be F2P. It will be premium, with no IAPs!

My excitement grew considerably after reading this!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I love He-Man's gameplay, so an X-Men version of that would be instabuy for me
Old 04-20-2014, 04:41 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
For those of you who're interested, some new information regarding this game has been revealed. You can find said interview, as well as three concept art pics, in this link (it's in italian, though): http://www.androidworld.it/2014/04/1...o-foto-224641/

Here are some of the highlights:
- As predicted, Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past will bear some resemblance gameplay-wise to He-Man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe, being described as "side-scrolling beat-'em-up" with some exploration sections. Visually, we can expect the game to feature a comic-book-like art style (with some inspirations taken from the '90s cartoon series as well).
- The main story, inspired by the events of the classic Claremont/Byrne story, will follow 5 specific X-Men: Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Cyclops and Scarlet Witch. However, the interviewee has revealed that free DLC with additional characters can be expected a few weeks after launch. Hints regarding who those characters are will be available throughout the game (though, since fan-favorites Storm and Nightcrawler were also involved in the classic comic book story, I'm going to hazard a guess and say they are likely candidates).
- This game will have no other connection to the upcoming movie other than the title. According to the developer, the only inspirations for this game were the comic book story and the episodes of the 90's cartoon also focused around it.
- The game will cater to both the casual (being fun and affordable) and hardcore (featuring multiple characters with different gameplay styles) crowds.
- The game will NOT be F2P. It will be premium, with no IAPs!

My excitement grew considerably after reading this!
Holy moly! I just crapped my pants! Finally an xmen game that is not based off a movie and is inspired by one of the best comic book cartoon series of all time. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:52 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Officially following this.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Here's the first gameplay screenshot officially revealed by Glitchsoft through their social media pages:

It looks great! I was expecting cel-shaded graphics (much in the vein of the He-Man game), but this looks to be a beautiful game!

By the way, if it interests you, check out Glitchsoft's Facebook and Twitter pages to take a look at how some of the playable characters will look in the game. So far, they've shown Wolverine, Cyclops and Kitty Pryde (with Colossus being shown in that italian link I posted some days ago. So far, Scarlet Witch is the only one missing).
Old 05-06-2014, 07:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post

It looks great! I was expecting cel-shaded graphics (much in the vein of the He-Man game), but this looks to be a beautiful game!
Er... the He-Man game wasnt cel shaded. :P
Old 05-06-2014, 09:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at, looks like old flash games, I'm not too sure I like that.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Looks pretty sweet to me

Closed Thread