Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-03-2014, 03:44 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default My indie dev blog including income reports

Hi all,

I've just started a blog recently and want to share some of my stats of some of my apps. So if you're interested in statistics, just take a look there. I will post the plain numbers here as well..

My game Paint&Conquer has its first month in the markets and the numbers are quite surprising with Windows Phone going through the roof - well at least compared to iOS and Android. The numbers are quite disappointing as it's basically a free app but all in all I made €83,68 mostly from ads (Admob) in february.

All in all I had 7897 downloads which is quite low for a free app BUT, 7411 downloads came from Windows Phone (7408 free, 3 paid), 224 from iOS and only 73 from Google Play. 73 downloads for a free app in a month! Not that much, eh...

Cheers!

Last edited by Xaron; 03-03-2014 at 03:47 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 12:59 AM
iPad mini 2

Wow, I thought I was reading the chart wrong. As I am coming out with my 1st game in the next 60 days I've toyed around with the idea of launching 1st on Windows to build a base of fans as there doesnt seem to be the same level of competition on the Win platform. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Thanks! I think it's just a matter of saturation. Even though the Windows store already has a lot of apps the competition is way smaller and the market share of Windows Phones is increasing steadily (atm about 10% already).

But to be honest these numbers are still quite low, I wouldn't take these numbers cautious. Let's see how it develops over the next months and how my next apps will perform.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:13 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thanks for sharing some really good insight here, windows... was really surprising. Although not huge numbers, its definitely an indication of a less competitive market but with opportunities still present.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 PM

Thanks for sharing.

We plan on launching on Windows phone after iOS. Our game is not free and I'm curious how that will play out in that store.

I'll share my success or lack-thereof with you guys.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 AM
iPad mini

Actually I would say the download figures you got for iOS and Android are perfectly normal, perhaps even slightly above average (depending on how much marketing you did). The WP8 figures are astonishing!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:35 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

You want to tell me that 73(!) downloads for a free(!!) game per MONTH are normal?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaron View Post
You want to tell me that 73(!) downloads for a free(!!) game per MONTH are normal?
Probably well above the norm the no marketing.

Loads of apps don't even get downloaded at all.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:01 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Oh thanks for that. I thought that doing a free app which is not crap should at least have some boost in the first days. And no, I did no marketing at all.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM

You should try to find a way to improve your conversion rate. 7408 with 3 paid sales is extremely low. I'm sure you could make a lot more!