Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Default Formula Legend - Grand Prix Management Simulation

Old 03-03-2014, 10:45 AM

Great game this. Anybody paid for Pro? Want to know what it is like.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I love simulation games, this looks interesting but the fact its free causes alarm bells to ring. Plus the money - bux ? Get bux ? Trade bux ? What is bux ? Do they mean bucks ?

I'll give it a go as the app store has a lot of football management games but sadly no american football or racing simulation games like this.

Just a shame its freemium but i'll give it a go
Old 03-03-2014, 10:57 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Just installed it, i know its not official so it cant use team names or racer names but one of the first screens i see is 'Red Ass have invited you to a driver test....' ! Hmmmm !

As for the 'bux' theres quite a few different types of IAP to buy. I hoped there was just one to unlock it but you can buy 'legendbux' to upgrade your race engineer

The pro pack looks interesting as it says have a team/driver editor which will be great (to put in proper names)

Anyway just had a game, this games a simulation so you dont exactly drive the whole race. BUT i must admit its pretty good

You can change your driving style to aggressive (move up more places but more tyre wear). I had a pitstop where i had to quickly touch each of the tyres in order.

There was also a bit of 'driving' where theres a chicance, i had to press the left/right buttons to go along the track (then it says if i gained 0.1 seconds or lost some etc). I've just had a team order come up which asks if i should follow it or not (follow/ignore)

Some of the game reminds me of a classic 8 bit game on the ZX Spectrum called Formula One. Its a shame you dont see highlights but so far i must admit its surprisingly good.

I'm hoping if i buy the pro IAP (2.49) then i wont have to buy tons of additional 'bux' IAP's. Also if i buy an IAP or two, what happens after the season ? Is that it, do you start again with none of the IAP's or do they carry over ?

But if you want a good F1 simulation game (remember its a simulation !) then its worth giving a go.