★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Reccommended Apps for Kids

08-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Reccommended Apps for Kids

Post in here about any apps you've come across that may be fun/educational for children. I'll get the ball rolling:

I have a 4 year old and 2 year old cousin. Both of them are crazy for Juicebox Software’s Robot Memory Game. There are three levels of play: Easy (4 cards), Medium (8 cards), and Hard (16 cards), so there are levels to challenge them both. There are also four themes for them to choose from: Friendly, Evil, Silly, and Wacky, which helps keep the game from getting too repetitive. This game is laid out in a way that’s easy for them to navigate, and the images of the robots are adorable. This game is definitely worth it, as it keeps them entertained for long periods of time. The folks at Juicebox do a wonderful job. They’ve got three more memory games and a coloring book app available, but the Robot Memory game is my cousins’ favorite.
08-14-2009, 12:28 PM

[lite version]

I have yet to show this to a kid and have them not be interested in it.

I actually enjoy this one quite a bit myself, and it's free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 08-14-2009 at 12:33 PM.

08-14-2009, 12:30 PM
My kids have enjoyed:

AniMatch -highly polished matching game with great sounds
Wheels on the bus - silly song with great animation
Jumbalu Zoo - surprisingly FREE
TappyTunes - just tap to play music
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
We've got a kids version of Zentomino currently in review with Apple. Should be out in a few days.
08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Zooloretto is a great board game. And it's on sale for 99c.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm just waiting for someone to start flaming folks at the fact that there are 3 threads talking about the best games for kids in the most recent 10 threads.

Personally, I dont see it as a big deal, but it drives some people nuts.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Zooloretto is a great board game. And it's on sale for 99c.
Yes, it is a decent board game but not for kids like 2 or 4 years old.
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM
New Game from Juicebox Software

Juicebox Software recently came out with another great game my cousins love. This one's called Robot Coloring Book. There are plenty of different images for my cousins to choose from, and the fact that the coloring is similar to using the paint bucket logo in programs such as paint (you pick the color and tap the section you want filled in) is great because their pictures look great. Some of the other coloring apps I've seen had you color using your finger, wherever you touched, there would be color. This is hard to do on the iPhone and the pictures sometimes came out quite sloppy. But Juicebox got it right with their coloring book apps. There are four themes (silly, evil, friendly, and wacky) to choose from, and you can also save your images to the iPhone. Overall, Juicebox is great!
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Add Sound Shaker to the list of apps my daughter loves:

Someone mentioned Tappy Tunes, she loves that one as well!

And I like Zooloretto, but my daughter wouldn't be able to play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Apps for Kids

TwitterTumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem