Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-03-2014, 09:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Cloud Breaker (by Axis Sivitz)

Old 03-04-2014, 05:02 AM

Fun game...
But the timers throw me off.
How can they add a timer but not show it?

The graphics are neat, but really that's all it's doing.
It's added fun graphics to a game that needs a lot of work.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:14 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Fun game...
But the timers throw me off.
How can they add a timer but not show it?

The graphics are neat, but really that's all it's doing.
It's added fun graphics to a game that needs a lot of work.
I dloaded but not gonna even bother loading up if there's timers.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Yeah it's a weird one, the timer system is very hidden as Lazer Kat says. It's a nice game but potentially over in a matter of minutes unless I've missed something. There could be an IAP unlock as I haven't spent much time but to be honest I keep making mistakes posting games recently that I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
The timers are part of the game.
It isn't a freemium timer.
You have X amount of time (they don't tell you how much) to complete as many of the puzzles as possible. If you complete the puzzle in one move, it adds X amount of time to the clock (again, who knows how much).

It's worth checking out, I just hate that the timer isn't shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Yeah it's a weird one, the timer system is very hidden as Lazer Kat says. It's a nice game but potentially over in a matter of minutes unless I've missed something. There could be an IAP unlock as I haven't spent much time but to be honest I keep making mistakes posting games recently that I wouldn't be surprised.
Don't be hard on yourself Pete. The games you start are always great. When I see a thread you started, I take the game seriously. That says a lot about the quality of the average thread you create.
This ones actually a really cool game, it just needs some work, IMO.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 03-04-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 01:15 PM

Hey, I'm the creator of the game. I really appreciate your comments, and I want to make the game as good as it possibly can be.

The game time is shown by the blocks counting down at the bottom of the screen. I agree that it's hard to notice. I'll definitely fix that in the first update.

Here's an explanation of the time system:

You start out with just 10 seconds on the clock, but every level you beat adds time. So, the better you do, the longer your game can go (kinda like Tetris).

You also get time bonuses for solving puzzles in one move. (Or, the bigger ones give bonuses for even 2 or 3 moves.)

And finally, you can complete stage challenges (like earning 8 stars) to earn a time bonus that activates every time you play again.

None of that involves IAP at all.

Last edited by radicalbit; 03-04-2014 at 01:27 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalbit View Post
Hey, I'm the creator of the game. I really appreciate your comments, and I want to make the game as good as it possibly can be.

The game time is shown by the blocks counting down at the bottom of the screen. I agree that it's hard to notice. I'll definitely fix that in the first update.

Here's an explanation of the time system:

You start out with just 10 seconds on the clock, but every level you beat adds time. So, the better you do, the longer your game can go (kinda like Tetris).

You also get time bonuses for solving puzzles in one move. (Or, the bigger ones give bonuses for even 2 or 3 moves.)

And finally, you can complete stage challenges (like earning 8 stars) to earn a time bonus that activates every time you play again.

None of that involves IAP at all.
Thanks for the explanation, sir.
I love the look ad the game.
It has a ton of charm.

I notice the timer system now, but I'm willing to bet very few people will notice it without being told...and the game doesn't tell you. I love the look of the timer system, but I think maybe it would be better if the blocks wet larger, and the block went from full to 3/4 to 1/2 to 1/4 to gone, so you could see 1/4 seconds as well.
I think that the timer system, and being able to easily read it, is very important for the player to know and understand.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 03-04-2014 at 05:46 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 05:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Ah, that makes a lot of sense now. Apologies for any unintended insults toward your game, I misunderstood something on the main menu - I saw a number that counted down every so often and assumed it was an energy bar of some kind. That will teach me to try games out at silly o'clock in the morning...

Anyway, the game is really nice for hectic matching sessions. The visuals are definitely a highlight for me. Hopefully this gets more attention - it definitely deserves more!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:59 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Okey dokey, thank for explanations on the timers, I'll give it a shot.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 PM

Yea, I definitely see where you guys are coming from.

I tried to go for a very minimalist look, but obviously I went too far in some places. I'm going to try to make the timer a lot more clear in the next version. Making it bigger is probably a good first step.

There is a timer for the number of times you can play (which regenerates). It's pretty generous though, and you can get unlimited plays for 3$. I think most people don't even hit the limit, and it's back full after an hour or so. That was my compromise for having the game be free.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming! I'm hoping to submit an update sometime this week.