Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Developer
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default 'Solitaire Blocks Adventure : Royal Rescue' now Available!

For all solitaire lovers,
Enjoy this solitaire block clearing game with an added twist of fighting monsters.
Clear the block towers strategically to get the power ups and the warriors on the ground before engaging in combat with the monsters.
Do all this while keeping an eye on the ultimate objective - 'Rescue The Royal'...It may be the King, Queen , Jack or even a Princess

Have Fun!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This looks interesting. Anyone play it yet ? Any gameplay vids available ?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, but I do have a few suggestions to improve play:

- It stutters on my iPad 3rd gen, running iOS 6. I'm surprised it doesn't play more smoothly!

- You didn't address the "Cards Left" block, on the bottom right of the screen in your tutorial. You are assuming everyone knows what this means, but I wasn't sure until I used it. You should explain the difference between using this "expose a new card" button and the use of the "wild card" button. You only talk about using the wild card button if you're stuck, but you actually want to reserve the wild card button until the last minute (one strategy, anyway).

- When you press the "how to play" menu button, it shows three screens of information, then briefly flashes a fourth screen before returning to the settings menu. I can't tell if that fourth screen contains important tips that I'm missing, or if it's just the bottom half of the third screen scrolling off somewhere.

- You should explain what each of the stars represent, and how you achieve 3 stars.

- You should explain what losing means (losing a life, but can still continue the game until all lives are gone?).

I'd love to have the main menu (found under settings) available from the main screen, not just from within the levels themselves. I might want to toggle the sound before I even start a level!

Otherwise, this is a very fun treatment of solitaire, but you shouldn't assume your audience knows how to play solitaire, let alone an RPG-like treatment of solitaire. A bit more to the tutorial on basic game play would really help. I love the idea of playing cards to clear barriers, as it makes me really think about my choices. I'd love it if we could level up a bit after winning a few levels--like start the game with a higher health boost, or pick up a random wildcard, or something like that.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:37 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default I concur...

I agree with dclose, there are some minor issues but overall a solid solitaire title. One suggestion, daily challenges to unlock gear would be nice. Other than that I will post more later. Still trying to delve more into the game.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I also think it would be nice to have one or two levels of undo. Perhaps just one to begin with, and a second that you can earn in the game.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 AM

I came to say the same thing as dclose.

However, I love how solitaire is played in your game. Plus, the levels are not the same when you redo them (especially when you loose) and that's great.