★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An eerie, uncomfortable horror is creeping from PC over to iOS!

"It is a game as much about horror as it is of horror" - Rock Paper Shotgun
"Knock-Knock is a gorgeous survival horror game with more style than sense" - IGN
"One of the most fascinating and even endearing gaming experiences Ive had in ages" - GameFront

Three generations of Lodgers have occupied the cabin, but lately, the walls seem to undulate, skittering unknowns shift in the darkness, and an unruly growl seeps from the attic. Are they hallucinations pecking at the insomnia-afflicted Lodger, or the gnarled remnants of a darker secret?

The woods finally give in to the nightfall, and the dreadful things come out to play.

Survive the night while maintaining the dilapidated cabin and preventing the threadbare sanity of the Lodger from unraveling completely. Hide from the grotesque intruders peering from the gloom and seek out the key to ending the Lodger's ordeal.

Features:
- A game of survival and troubling madness.
- Hide from the invading creatures.
- Fix the lights and keep the cabin rooms repaired to ward off evil.
- Survive the night with your sanity intact.
- Solve the mystery of the Lodgers nightmare.
- Full iOS 7 controller support.

PeteOzzy's comments:

03-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Quote:
As a long-term sufferer of insomnia and the brain mash of unslept nights, I am familiar with the unease of being awake in the late hours, and even as I have grown into a cranky old man, unfearing of much aside from tax and hangovers, I still get glimmers of those childish fears of what the night might really be about. This, perhaps, is what Knock, Knock is about, too. It’s not the game of keeping the horrors out of the house, it is instead an attempt to reach the dark roots from which grow superstition and ritual. It is about the breakdown of reason that underlies so many fears. It is a game as much about horror as it is of horror.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...k-knock-knock/

03-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Woh... This is a surprise. Decisions, decisions.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Nice, didn't know this was coming to mobile. Really enjoyed Knock Knock on PC. The atmosphere is superb, very tense and unsettling. The gameplay is equally tense, as you hide from the things that lurk in the house...except for when you can't or when your madness starts to warp the house itself. If you're looking for a great survival horror game that's not another re-skinned Slender, I recommend Knock Knock
03-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Woh... This is a surprise. Decisions, decisions.

I so totally understand you. I will buy this game instantly.
But I will buy a gift card first (today). I changed my need from 15,-€ to 25,-€ already, haha.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I so totally understand you. I will buy this game instantly.
But I will buy a gift card first (today). I changed my need from 15,-€ to 25,-€ already, haha.
Same here. I've gone from wanting to pick up Mines of Mars to needing a £25 iTunes voucher in the space of a couple of hours! There's still more to come as well, this could be one to remember!

OT: I've wanted this game for a while on Steam but I'll probably pick it up on iOS for convenience. Cheers for the impressions Bronxsta and Killercow, as always.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
03-05-2014, 08:30 AM

I like this Week. Less Flappy Birds Garbage Clones and more higher priced Full Games. I think we are back on the right road again.

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.
03-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Same here. I've gone from wanting to pick up Mines of Mars to needing a £25 iTunes voucher in the space of a couple of hours! There's still more to come as well, this could be one to remember!

OT: I've wanted this game for a while on Steam but I'll probably pick it up on iOS for convenience. Cheers for the impressions Bronxsta and Killercow, as always.
Hey, you're on Steam? What's your Steam name? Forgot if I friended you or not there
03-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Hey, you're on Steam? What's your Steam name? Forgot if I friended you or not there
Haha, yeah we've been friends on Steam for a little while now. I'm Davebiglife on there as I've pinched my brothers account. I blame you entirely for my addiction, I've bought over a hundred games in the last two months, it's insane!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.