Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Shuyan The Kung Fu Princess (by Mark Animation)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 714 MB.

Price in NZ is FREE

Requirements:

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Discover ancient combat wisdom with soft kung fu. Shuyan the Kung Fu Princess is an exhilarating kung fu action-adventure game. Receive guidance from a master, learn ancient training techniques and perfect your soft kung fu. Defeat your opponents without throwing a single punch!

….

Embark on an epic journey of discovery as Shuyan, a stranded princess with a kind heart but an explosive temper.

Explore ancient Chinese wisdom in a time when kung fu served not as a fighting tool but a way of life.

Allow your imagination to escape with a five-series episodic drama and hand-drawn artwork.

Discover a new gaming experience through authentic Kung Fu training brought to life through motion capture and animators guided by real kung fu practitioners.

Command real kung fu movements at your fingertips through intuitive tapping and swiping.

Can YOU learn to fight without fighting?

ABOUT THE GAME

$2.99 But first episode FREE for a limited time!

Enter the world of an ancient Chinese kung fu temple where you must earn acceptance from a master to find hope again. Not only must you perfect various martial arts moves, you must also learn the secret of genuine kung fu: to fight without fighting.

GAME HIGHLIGHTS

*** Totally unique gameplay and combat mechanics; there’s no on-screen D-Pad, no button mashing, no combos; the game replicates real Kung-Fu movements right in your fingertips through intuitive tapping and swiping;

*** Character animations created using a 3-D motion capture studio and animators guided by students of Wing Chun Kung Fu (the fighting style popularized by Ip Man, the teacher of Bruce Lee);

*** Based on authentic Kung Fu principles that rely on wisdom and self-control as much as speed and power;

*** Rich environments and amazing hand-drawn artwork create an immersive experience, transporting you to an ancient Chinese kingdom;

*** Written and developed by a multicultural team with a profound understanding of traditional Chinese culture combined with years of experience creating exciting games on multiple platforms;

*** Family-friendly format with positive messages and minimal violence; truly enjoyable for all ages.

Works with iPad Air, iPad Mini with Retina Display, and iPad with Retina Display (iPad 4th generation).
iPad 2 and iPad 3 support coming soon.

ABOUT MARK ANIMATION

Mark Animation is a game and animation studio based in Toronto. “Shuyan the Kung Fu Princess” is our second iPad game, with more game episodes already in production.

Shuyan was featured in the Best of Canada Showcase at GDC and MIPJunior in 2013 by the Canada Media Fund and Telefilm.

“Shuyan the King Fu Princess” is backed by the Canada Media Fund, Bell Broadcast and New Media Fund, Ontario Interactive Digital Media Fund, and multi-language broadcaster New Tang Dynasty Television.

iPad Screenshots:

Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

If only I had an ipad... not on iphone or ipod?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
If only I had an ipad... not on iphone or ipod?
Afraid not, sorry. I can kind of see why they went with iPad only but to be honest, I can't see any reason why it couldn't be updated to Universal - there's a fair bit of unused screen during battles. That could change as I get further but I think I need to reboot my iPad 2 as it gets quite juddery during combat.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

So gettin this!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:57 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Afraid not, sorry. I can kind of see why they went with iPad only but to be honest, I can't see any reason why it couldn't be updated to Universal - there's a fair bit of unused screen during battles. That could change as I get further but I think I need to reboot my iPad 2 as it gets quite juddery during combat.
I should get an ipad, there are so many games that I would like to play but can't.... its so frustrating. Anyway thank you for the answer.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Wow, thanks for that video, Sanuku. Now I know not to look forward to this. I guess I'll keep wishing for the perfect kung fu game, lol.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
I should get an ipad, there are so many games that I would like to play but can't.... its so frustrating. Anyway thank you for the answer.
Check out Sanuku's video. You are not missing anything special, at least with this game.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

This looks amazing. Block fortress war and this for me so far. EDIT: i just watched the video and I guess not.

Last edited by one.sixty.four; 03-05-2014 at 11:12 AM..
Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Looks like a V-Stick and Buttons could've helped this a bit.