★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games that require only iOS 4.3?

03-05-2014, 08:55 AM
#1
Games that require only iOS 4.3?

I tried searching the forums here for this topic, but ran into trouble because the words "iOS" and "4.3" are too short.

I have an iPhone 3GS that I don't do much gaming on anymore because I haven't upgraded it from iOS 4.3.5 and, well, because it's an iPhone 3GS.

Does anyone know of any recent (or even not-so-recent) games that will run on my phone? I do most of my gaming on my iPad mini running 6.1.3, but I ALWAYS have my phone with me, and not always my tablet, and I wanted to see if there was anything I could add to my stable of older games on my phone.

Games I currently play occasionally on my phone:
Lux Touch
Galcon Labs
Plants vs Zombies
Sword of Fargoal
Solomon's Keep
Zombie Gunship
Zombie Highway
Warp Rush
Jetpack Joyride
Tiny Wings
Temple Run
Flight Control
Harbor Master
Game Dev Story
Osmos
Swordigo
03-05-2014, 08:59 AM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechCongo View Post
I tried searching the forums here for this topic, but ran into trouble because the words "iOS" and "4.3" are too short.

I have an iPhone 3GS that I don't do much gaming on anymore because I haven't upgraded it from iOS 4.3.5 and, well, because it's an iPhone 3GS.

Does anyone know of any recent (or even not-so-recent) games that will run on my phone? I do most of my gaming on my iPad mini running 6.1.3, but I ALWAYS have my phone with me, and not always my tablet, and I wanted to see if there was anything I could add to my stable of older games on my phone.

Games I currently play occasionally on my phone:
Lux Touch
Galcon Labs
Plants vs Zombies
Sword of Fargoal
Solomon's Keep
Zombie Gunship
Zombie Highway
Warp Rush
Jetpack Joyride
Tiny Wings
Temple Run
Flight Control
Harbor Master
Game Dev Story
Osmos
Swordigo



You are far behind, instead of buying apps you should upgrade to iphone5 or 4s atleast

03-05-2014, 09:08 AM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlesskk View Post
You are far behind, instead of buying apps you should upgrade to iphone5 or 4s atleast
No thanks, instead of spending hundreds on a new phone or getting into a new contract, when my current phone is perfectly functional, I think I'll try to work with what I have. Thanks anyway!
03-05-2014, 10:23 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,468
But why not simply upgrade the iOS on this iphone ? You'll then get a much larger range of games available to you ? Looking on wikipedia you can get iOS6 on it ? At least upgrade it from iOS 4.3.5, dont know why you're happy with that unless theres something else ?

I sold my iphone 4 recently, hardly got anything for it. I'm not saying spend a fortune on the latest iphone but a step up to iphone 4 or 4s wont cost much at all and will give you a huge range of available games.

I havent got a crazy contract, i simply wait a few generations and get the phone then, my current iphone 4s is brilliant, so much faster than the iphone 4 and i picked it up very cheap (granted it was my wifes but when she tried to sell it she was still offered only 150)
03-05-2014, 11:06 AM
#5
Gangstar Miami Vindication
Dungeon Hunter 1+2
Eternal Legacy
Modern Combat 1+2+ 3(barely)
Infinity Project 1+2
Carnivores
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Bionic Surfer
GTA 3(I Think)
Bullet Time HD

Thats off the top of my head
03-05-2014, 11:35 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Gangstar Miami Vindication
Dungeon Hunter 1+2
Eternal Legacy
Modern Combat 1+2+ 3(barely)
Infinity Project 1+2
Carnivores
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Bionic Surfer
GTA 3(I Think)
Bullet Time HD

Thats off the top of my head
Thanks for the on-topic reply, saansilt. I've played dungeon hunter and bullet time on my phone before, but I'll check into the other ones.

Edit: FYI GTA3 doesn't support 3GS, only 4 and up.

Last edited by CzechCongo; 03-05-2014 at 11:44 AM.
03-05-2014, 11:49 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechCongo View Post
Thanks for the on-topic reply, saansilt. I've played dungeon hunter and bullet time on my phone before, but I'll check into the other ones.

Edit: FYI GTA3 doesn't support 3GS, only 4 and up.
Sorry bout GTA. I wasn't too sure.
There are more, maybe I'll list them later.
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
#8
Super Stick Man golf might work. The original
03-05-2014, 10:02 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnoc703 View Post
Super Stick Man golf might work. The original
It does, thanks! Great one, played on my iPad before, will be awesome to have on my phone.
03-06-2014, 12:04 AM
#10
Same here iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 and iPad mini retina, I don't remember all games I played on my iPhone but here is what I remember:
Oceanhorn
Geometry Dash
Mikey Shorts
Mikey Hooks(I'm not sure about this one)
Flathulthu
Cover Orange 2
Mos Speedrun
Mutant Mudds might work
Ghost Trick:Phantom Detective
Real Racing 2
League of Evil

Chaos Rings Omega
Final Fantasy 3
Backstab
Nova 2

Last edited by SherlockEB; 03-06-2014 at 12:16 AM.