★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take a surreal journey through an otherworldly dimension, move in harmony with sound and music and smash everything in your path! This experience requires focus, concentration, and timing to not only travel as far as you can, but also break the beautiful glass objects that stand in your way.

* Smash your way through a beautiful futuristic dimension, smashing obstacles and targets in your path and experiencing the best destruction physics on mobile devices.

* Musically synchronized gameplay: music and audio effects change to suit each stage, obstacles move to each new tune

* Over 50 different rooms with 11 different graphic styles, and realistic glass-breaking mechanics in every stage

Smash Hit is playable at no cost and free from ads. An optional premium upgrade is available through a one-time in-app purchase that will enable iCloud synchronization across multiple devices, detailed statistics, alternative game modes and the ability to continue from checkpoints.
03-05-2014, 04:13 PM
This looks fantastic!

03-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
This looks fantastic!
I haven't played enough to give concrete impressions but it is absolutely gorgeous to look at!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
03-05-2014, 04:16 PM
downloading now

Game Center: sink_or_swim
03-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Game Impressions

03-05-2014, 04:27 PM
So stoked
03-05-2014, 04:29 PM
What's with the FREE? Trial and unlock?
03-05-2014, 05:03 PM
This is another really nice game. It's not just eye candy, there's a solid retro endless runner/shooter underneath the PC quality graphics. It's also another release today that's incredibly fair with the IAPs - you can purchase Premium for $1.99 which gives you the ability to restart from checkpoints, utilize cloud saves and view statistics.

It's basically a light gun game with great physics that has you trying to get as far as you can by smashing obstacles and hitting bonus-awarding crystals. The nice touch is that your ammo is your life so missing and getting hit is incredibly painful.

It's impossible not to discuss the graphics though. The environments are a real treat, they're reminiscent of a few indie PC titles. There's a graphics quality slider too, which is really nice to see for those with older devices like me. The fact that I was playing on medium and thought it was already beautiful is pretty impressive!

Throw in Game Centre and achievements and it's a very easy recommend to make!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
03-05-2014, 05:43 PM
+1 to the impressions above ^^

Sort of a runner where you have to destroy the obstacles rather than avoid them.

That IAP is fair but it's kind of a cheat -- basically allowing revives at checkpoints to go further distances. I suppose you may be able to quit rather than restart at a checkpoint if you still want to support the dev, but you really can't tell how it works.
03-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys for the imps, I can't wait to play this, this is absolutely my kind of game