Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-06-2014, 02:57 AM

Default Hex Mahjong - Nextgen Mahjong Game

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mng3aobBy_w

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hex-mahjong/id790320196

Hex Mahjong is the new generation of Mahjong games. It combines a wide set of cool and handy features with an astonishing 3D graphics and relaxing music, allowing to achieve a Zen-like state while playing. The smart layout generation offers 100.000+ unique and challenging layouts in this single package, providing endless game play hours.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It looks fantastic, and I went to buy it, but I saw there is iAP. Mana. Why? What is mana used for?

(Edit) I just noticed this is by the creator of PipeLand Roll, so I'm going to give it a shot

(Edit 2) okay. It's not bad, but I'm not sure if I really like it. For one, mana is used to buy powerups. Itself, not a bad thing, but you earn very little through gameplay. You can pay $13.99 for "all the mana you need" which I'm assuming would allow you to permanently unlock each of the powerups, but seeing as mana is consumable, I'm pretty sure you can't restore your mana purchase. If you delete the app, or somehow lose it from your device, you are screwed. I had that happen with a different game that used currency to "permanently" unlock game features. So I will pass on that. This also means if you play on an ipad, and an ipod or iphone, you can't pay once and unlock them all. Lame.

Some of the layouts are locked until you beat certain sets. This is annoying, and stupid. It seems in the campaign mode, you get the exact same layout each time, and you will need to power through specific orders of tiles to beat it. You can only undo one move. Expect to restart often.

Last edited by Collin; 03-07-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Old 03-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
It looks fantastic, and I went to buy it, but I saw there is iAP. Mana. Why? What is mana used for?

(Edit) I just noticed this is by the creator of PipeLand Roll, so I'm going to give it a shot

(Edit 2) okay. It's not bad, but I'm not sure if I really like it. For one, mana is used to buy powerups. Itself, not a bad thing, but you earn very little through gameplay. You can pay $13.99 for "all the mana you need" which I'm assuming would allow you to permanently unlock each of the powerups, but seeing as mana is consumable, I'm pretty sure you can't restore your mana purchase. If you delete the app, or somehow lose it from your device, you are screwed. I had that happen with a different game that used currency to "permanently" unlock game features. So I will pass on that. This also means if you play on an ipad, and an ipod or iphone, you can't pay once and unlock them all. Lame.

Some of the layouts are locked until you beat certain sets. This is annoying, and stupid. It seems in the campaign mode, you get the exact same layout each time, and you will need to power through specific orders of tiles to beat it. You can only undo one move. Expect to restart often.
Hi Collin,

I am a creator of Hex Mahjong. Thank you for your feedback. I would like to add some comments to your objections

Regarding mana problem: you are right. We are already noticed this problem and rebalancing the reward system.The users will get more mana after the next patch.

Regarding locked boards and campaign mode: the point of the campaign mode is that you need to resolve a specific layout of that boards. There are 10 boards (shape) in each campaign pack (12 packs). If you managed to solve the first 8 the rest of the boards will be unlocked and you can select them on the Custom Game mode too.

So if you solve the Campaign layouts you will be rewarded with 12*2 (24) new board (shape). There are also 96! unlocked board in the game.

However in Custom Game mode the layout is generated and each time you will get a new layout. You can also load a specific layout if u want. (1-9999) for each board (120 board).

Regarding Undo: undo is also an upgrade-able powerup. You can extend the undo level in the helpers menu.

I would like to emphasize that YOU CAN UNLOCK EVERYTHING WITHOUT REAL MONEY .
Old 03-20-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post

Update 1.1

* iCloud support!
Now all your progress and mana is stored in iCloud and sync'ed between all your devices!

* Improved tutorial around the helper system
More detailed information is now available about the helper features via the new the info button in the helpers' menu.
We have added an even more detailed description as well about the helper system and other game mechanics on our website. Check it out!

* Re-balanced mana system
The purchasable helper durations are reduced to 1 and 4 hours from 2 and 12 hours. Though the helper mana costs remained approximately the same, you get significantly more mana during game play, making it a lot easier to activate helpers.

* Visual tweaks
Now you get a visual indication when tapping on a non-removable tile.

* Bug-fixes
Fixed an issue on iOS prior to 7 that prevented the Undo gesture to work near the edge of the screen and done various small enhancements throughout the game.

* Other
The game miraculously shrunk to less than half of its size due to some optimization.

If you like Hex Mahjong, please support us by always rating the latest version! Thank You!