★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ricky on sale $ .99

08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 190
Send a message via AIM to Ryan el champ
Ricky on sale $ .99

App name Ricky
Price $0.99

Help Ricky to find his brother Parry in more than 75 levels and 4 bosses and 4 Worlds, be careful to the enemies , not to touch it and collect the most stars you can to increase the score.

If you like Super Mario Bros surly you will like Ricky.


It all began with the birth of the first child to the family of "Peet."
The night of his birth, the young “Parry” was abducted by a "boos,"
never to be heard of since .
He were looking for a couple to use the body to increase its powers.

The family had no choice but to proceed with their lives,
as rescuing young Parry was out of the question.
Soon, they decided to have another child,
and in time, the little "Ricky" was born.

When Ricky came of age, his parents told him the sad story of the
fate of his lost brother Parry.
"Ricky" often thought of this brother, whom he never knew,
and one day decided to head out on a quest to find him .


Has anyone tried this I think i might take the plunge?

I play to win...

XBL Gamertag: Dude its minion

Last edited by Ryan el champ; 08-14-2009 at 06:06 PM.
08-14-2009, 06:07 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan el champ View Post
App name Ricky
Price $0.99

Help Ricky to find his brother Parry in more than 75 levels and 4 bosses and 4 Worlds, be careful to the enemies , not to touch it and collect the most stars you can to increase the score.

If you like Super Mario Bros surly you will like Ricky.


It all began with the birth of the first child to the family of "Peet."
The night of his birth, the young “Parry” was abducted by a "boos,"
never to be heard of since .
He were looking for a couple to use the body to increase its powers.

The family had no choice but to proceed with their lives,
as rescuing young Parry was out of the question.
Soon, they decided to have another child,
and in time, the little "Ricky" was born.

When Ricky came of age, his parents told him the sad story of the
fate of his lost brother Parry.
"Ricky" often thought of this brother, whom he never knew,
and one day decided to head out on a quest to find him .


Has anyone tried this I think i might take the plunge?
Check the extensive regular Ricky post. But yes, it's most certainly worth a buck.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

08-14-2009, 09:33 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 380
Worth it or wait for free?

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm
08-15-2009, 03:23 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 574
OMFG, this game is garbage. Save your money.
08-15-2009, 06:25 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 974
I got it last night and like it alot. If you like Mario type games, you'll like this.
08-15-2009, 06:35 AM
#6
IMO platform games require a certain degree of polish and this is looking seriously lacks in that department. Can anyone ground my suspicions?
08-15-2009, 08:41 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Shaman View Post
IMO platform games require a certain degree of polish and this is looking seriously lacks in that department. Can anyone ground my suspicions?
Not really. It's not terribly polished, but it plays just fine. I think it gives a nice Mario type gameplay, but it is very much an independent developer game feel.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-15-2009, 02:54 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,869
not sure what to say about games like this.
on the one hand, if it looks terrible but plays fine - well in the end, all that matters is "it is fun"

at the same time - I don't like to reward a dev who goes through minimal effort to not even bother to try and make something that looks even marginally appealing, aesthetically. the iPhone is quite capable of doing some fancy visuals and it hurts to see it squandered in games like this.

anyway this thing is climbing the carts, so it must be doing something right...
08-16-2009, 03:39 AM
#9
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Shaman View Post
IMO platform games require a certain degree of polish and this is looking seriously lacks in that department. Can anyone ground my suspicions?
The word polish do not apply to this game. I consider this as another 99c wasted on the sea of crappy crap floating on the appstore.

Trust me, save your 99c or throw it into a wishing well.
08-16-2009, 03:43 AM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
not sure what to say about games like this.
on the one hand, if it looks terrible but plays fine - well in the end, all that matters is "it is fun"

at the same time - I don't like to reward a dev who goes through minimal effort to not even bother to try and make something that looks even marginally appealing, aesthetically. the iPhone is quite capable of doing some fancy visuals and it hurts to see it squandered in games like this.

anyway this thing is climbing the carts, so it must be doing something right...
I'm gotta rant again. This game is all that is wrong with the appstore. Crappy games climbing the charts... The cream doesn't always float to the top on the appstore, sometimes turds float better.

I have no problems naming a couple of similar games that are better than this, but i will have a huge problem naming a single game of the same type that is worse that this.

Peace.