★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 5 Stars from AppAdvice
"One of the most stunning puzzle games of the year"
- Christine Chan, AppAdvice

"One of the freshest feeling puzzlers on the App Store"
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer

Featured App of the Day on AppAdvice & AppSpy

Glint is a stylish, fast-paced puzzler that mixes mesmerizing visuals with unique and satisfying gameplay. Dodge bombs, collect rings and score exciting power-ups as you climb through the innumerable levels bursting with brilliant colors and stunning visual effects. Named one of the most stunning puzzle games of the year, Glint will dazzle your senses while challenging your perception of what mobile games can be.

With over 100 levels of challenging gameplay, each with its own distinctive set of colors, Glint will keep you entertained with non-stop, heart-pounding action.

Each world of Glint introduces a new game element to challenge your skills at tapping, dodging and swiping.

In addition to Glints visuals, enjoy an engaging soundtrack along with crisp sound effects as you crush dots and score rings in this arcade-style puzzler.

Non-stop fun in the form of power-ups, game mechanics, and never-ending increasing difficulty:
+ Single, double and quad dots
+ Time dots
+ Gameboard tilting
+ Nukes
+ Bombs
+ Release dots
+ Giant dots
+ Tap dots
+ More added every day

=====
NAME YOUR OWN LEVEL
=====
Did you reach the end of Glint? Welcome to the elite players club!
While youre waiting for the next set of levels to hit the App Store, send a screenshot of the Noahs Arcade level to @glintgame on Twitter (or to glint@ensomniac.com) and well let you pick the name and description of your own level in the next update!

Ensomniac's comments:

I'm happy to announce that our first game, Glint, is available in iTunes.

Here is a behind the scenes look at the making of Glint:

★★★★★ - 5 Stars from AppAdvice
http://appadvice.com/review/quickadvice-glint-hd
"One of the most stunning puzzle games of the year"

From Pocket Gamer:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ew.asp?c=57928
"One of the freshest feeling puzzlers on the App Store"

We can't thank the members of the TA forums enough for providing such great feedback while the game was in beta. Many of your comments have already been integrated while others will introduced in our first update.

Glint can be downloaded for free. It includes IAP, but they are absolutely not required and never forced. We want you to thoroughly enjoy our first game and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Glint for iPhone & iPad: http://j.mp/1hPKL5S
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm shocked that no one has posted on this game. After reading the review on PG, it sounded right up the alley of a lot of the folks here into all the ultra hard games.

Downloading now ... Will try to post some impressions tonight.

EDIT: just realized this was only posted 20 minutes ago. lol

03-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Seems good so far. You earn rings by completing levels that you can use to buy power ups and more "swipes" to complete further levels. The last level I completed took about 25 swipes to finish and I earned 6 rings - enough to buy 250 more swipes - so it seems to be balanced in the player's favour.

The actual gameplay reminds me very much of Push Panic.

Edit: actually, looks like I don't need to buy swipes, but was running out of a power up for my swipes.

Last edited by mr_bez; 03-06-2014 at 05:08 PM.
03-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Weird that it calls itself HD yet has some shocking jaggies on the circles on an iPad retina. Nasty enough for me to not want to play on that, instead resorting to my iPhone.
03-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Ensomniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
...has some shocking jaggies on the circles on an iPad retina
Thanks for the comments, badmanj. Unfortunately we're waiting on Apple to approve two newer versions that correct the issue on the iPad retina. Their review process is taking longer than normal right now and we decided not to delay our release in lieu of the quality issues on retina. I do apologize though, that is not the experience we're going for!
03-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensomniac View Post
Thanks for the comments, badmanj. Unfortunately we're waiting on Apple to approve two newer versions that correct the issue on the iPad retina. Their review process is taking longer than normal right now and we decided not to delay our release in lieu of the quality issues on retina. I do apologize though, that is not the experience we're going for!
Def be patient, too. Apple is being a stingy bugger with updates for some odd reason.
03-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Helped beta test this, and I gotta say this really is a gem!
03-08-2014, 07:03 AM
C'mon guys give this a shot, it's really quite good!
03-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Ensomniac
Apple finally approved the latest version so we can submit our retina fix.

We would love to hear from the TA community and hear what you think about Glint.

We just updated our trailer as well:

03-09-2014, 02:13 PM
This is a really good game, and it's F2P model is not freemium at all, it's extremely generous.

This definitely deserves some more attention.

I'm talking to you cloudpuff, Bronxsta, and Lazer Kat.

Last edited by JCho133; 03-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.