Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 03-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Default What's the one major thing you hate in mobile gaming?

For me, its how easy it is to buy them. 'Oh that game is on sale for $3? WANT. *taps twice, done*' wait, no I don't even want it. Noooooo. And then the purchases add up. Grah. I'm so weak. Anyway, that's mine. What about you guys?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Always wait for impressions and reviews. I never impulse buy. But yeah those $1, $2, $3 purchases add up fast

I just can't stand poor freemium models. I don't mind free or freemium or IAP if it's done right and fairly, but when a game is purposely designed to make you spend money...ugh, instantly deleted,
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Always wait for impressions and reviews. I never impulse buy. But yeah those $1, $2, $3 purchases add up fast

I just can't stand poor freemium models. I don't mind free or freemium or IAP if it's done right and fairly, but when a game is purposely designed to make you spend money...ugh, instantly deleted,
My problem is that a game may look great, and be great... But it's not something which appeals to me and I end up just putting it back into my backlog. Bleh.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hardware requirements.I hate it how game developers always make games for the latest device,and never optimize FPS on older devices.

Software requirements.Yeah,same as hardware,developers are trying to make us upgrade to the latest OS,which may be laggy,and they are trying to increase the minimum OS requirements to the highest possible.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

The race to the bottom on pricing and the rise of free-to-play.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I hate free to play, of course, unless fairly implemented to benefit the dev with funds but not be an endless money pit for the player.

But also wish all games, particularly ones with large file sizes, had consistent iCloud support.

Few irritating things specific to iOS mobile gaming: lack of external storage support and in-place app updates (patches instead of full reinstalls).

Oh, and it's too freaking addictive with weekly releases and always wanting the next big thing....leading to many unfinished games and, despite low app prices, it adds up quickly!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmor View Post
Hardware requirements.I hate it how game developers always make games for the latest device,and never optimize FPS on older devices.

Software requirements.Yeah,same as hardware,developers are trying to make us upgrade to the latest OS,which may be laggy,and they are trying to increase the minimum OS requirements to the highest possible.
I've never ran into this problem, since I've only had my iphone for a couple of months now, and it's a 5C on iOS 7, but I've seen a lot of people talk about how the game crashes on lower versions, and sometimes, the devoloper dosnt say that. What the heck???? You, the devoloper, NEED to say that your app only runs on 'so and so' phone and ios whatever.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmor View Post

This is all of gaming, not just mobile, and is even more noticeable on the PC where software optimization has become a lost artel most entirely.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I hate free to play, of course, unless fairly implemented to benefit the dev with funds but not be an endless money pit for the player.

But also wish all games, particularly ones with large file sizes, had consistent iCloud support.

Few irritating things specific to iOS mobile gaming: lack of external storage support and in-place app updates (patches instead of full reinstalls).

Oh, and it's too freaking addictive with weekly releases and always wanting the next big thing....leading to many unfinished games and, despite low app prices, it adds up quickly!

I completely agree with the last thing, though I'm trying to spend less on games... Though I just bought like 5 $1 games yesterday. All on sale... But I doubt I'll beat them. Why? Because I just get distracted or it requires too much time or my other systems compel me. Same with steam on my PC. I'm MAKING myself beat a game. I'm trying to do a 'play two and one multiplayer game'... And then these big RPGs, like DARKCSOULS, take up like 50+ hours. Sorry, a bit of a rant. #gamerproblems
Old 03-07-2014, 10:52 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

How I compare every game to Skyrim and think it's not worth playing(althought bug heroes 2 doesn't feel that way,but it'll be in time)