Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-07-2014, 10:09 AM

Default Top Gear: Race The Stig - Endless Sidescrolling Racing Game!

I do believe this hasn't been posted yet Top Gear fans... feast your eyes!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:11 AM

can't find an official video... then again the title was enough for me to hit that download button!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppsVerdict View Post
can't find an official video... then again the title was enough for me to hit that download button!
Lemme know what you think, my little girl loves top gear and anything to do with the stig. Will dload for her if you think the iaps are not too aggressive, if it was for me I wouldn't care but i don't like putting stuff that pushes iaps too much on my daughters device.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

The game crashes at the loading screen. There are already 23 1star reviews on the german appstore and all say that it crashes on their devices
Old 03-07-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Lemme know what you think, my little girl loves top gear and anything to do with the stig. Will dload for her if you think the iaps are not too aggressive, if it was for me I wouldn't care but i don't like putting stuff that pushes iaps too much on my daughters device.
Having played plenty of freemium games, I'd say this one is far less pushy. From what I can tell so far, you can buy just about all the items using gold won in the game and iApps are there to buy you larger amounts of gold and gears (which are used to revive your player).

There are a few issues with the game's frame-rate dropping every now and then but overall I'm enjoying it. If your daughter likes top gear, she's probably going to enjoy all the references. And like I said, I don't think iApps are too pushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
The game crashes at the loading screen. There are already 23 1star reviews on the german appstore and all say that it crashes on their devices
I have to admit the framerate dropped a lot at some point (though restarting the game fixed that), but for me it hasn't been crashing on start up so far
Old 03-07-2014, 11:03 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppsVerdict View Post
Having played plenty of freemium games, I'd say this one is far less pushy. From what I can tell so far, you can buy just about all the items using gold won in the game and iApps are there to buy you larger amounts of gold and gears (which are used to revive your player).

There are a few issues with the game's frame-rate dropping every now and then but overall I'm enjoying it. If your daughter likes top gear, she's probably going to enjoy all the references. And like I said, I don't think iApps are too pushy

I have to admit the framerate dropped a lot at some point (though restarting the game fixed that), but for me it hasn't been crashing on start up so far

Thanks, dloading now.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Getting a definite subway surfer vibe from this, lovin it so far! Plays nice and smooth on my Gen 5 iPod..
Old 03-07-2014, 05:33 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-11-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Getting a definite subway surfer vibe from this, lovin it so far! Plays nice and smooth on my Gen 5 iPod..
Yea I was actually wondering if it was developed by the same team, because of how similar it is

Anyway hope they add more items to buy soon, making the necessary gold for everything was a pretty easy task (especially since I won a whopping 50k from one of those refrigerators)
Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

LOL, someone needs to look up the definition of "sidescrolling".