★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A Lonely Bunny RPG $2.99 > $0.99

03-08-2014, 11:41 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 4,596
A Lonely Bunny RPG $2.99 > $0.99


03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
#2
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 4,596
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=Lonely+bunny

It's really worth checking the thread for this game, it started out a little rocky but it's grown substantially and the dev is working incredibly hard to add more content and improve it.

There's a massive world to explore, lots of equipment and most of the RPG tropes that we love to see and the dev has some great ideas that they're adding in free updates so it's a great chance to get cheap entry and watch it grow into something special.

Definitely recommended for indie RPG lovers, you're not getting Aralon-level polish, at least not yet. So if you don't mind that then this is definitely recommended.

03-08-2014, 02:06 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
03-08-2014, 05:36 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,251
This game seems pretty cool. Games like this need more advertising or something, never heard about this game before
03-08-2014, 06:09 PM
#5
It was actually played in a TA plays live I believe. That, or just a normal Plays. Didn't look terrible, but at that point I wasn't interested in buying it. But if what was said above is true, and the developer has improved it, and will keep doing so, it might be worth checking out; however, I'm still gonna wait it out. Will probably snag it eventually.
03-08-2014, 06:13 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,026
Just read the original thread and Bronx / PeteOzzy's impressions.

I'm going to buy it to support the dev, but I can't help but feel like this is a pretty big missed opportunity to access a big chunk of the IOS action/RPG market. Meaning, if the title of the game was different, and the protagonist not a big bunny, this could have captured fans of games like Aralon and Ravensword.

I certainly hope it's sold enough to cover the developer's time and efforts!

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
03-08-2014, 06:32 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
Just read the original thread and Bronx / PeteOzzy's impressions.

I'm going to buy it to support the dev, but I can't help but feel like this is a pretty big missed opportunity to access a big chunk of the IOS action/RPG market. Meaning, if the title of the game was different, and the protagonist not a big bunny, this could have captured fans of games like Aralon and Ravensword.

I certainly hope it's sold enough to cover the developer's time and efforts!
Looking at the screenshots that was my first thought too; change the title, the bunny, and are those words the actual buttons?
03-08-2014, 08:28 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
Looking at the screenshots that was my first thought too; change the title, the bunny, and are those words the actual buttons?
No. I changed all the texts to icons except for action messages. I also changed the font. I haven't updated any screenshots or redone the video yet.

The cartoon bunny plays well for his abilities. Aralon is a good game. However, its a different game. The characters in Aralon fit their world, while the the cartoon bunny fits his world. Aralon characters aren't going to do somersaults or pull out a shotgun. But, this cartoon bunny will.

Power up the special moves with their fighting styles and you will see where the gameplay shines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
It was actually played in a TA plays live I believe. That, or just a normal Plays. Didn't look terrible, but at that point I wasn't interested in buying it. But if what was said above is true, and the developer has improved it, and will keep doing so, it might be worth checking out; however, I'm still gonna wait it out. Will probably snag it eventually.
Any issues/concerns/bugs/suggestions that we can fix or add we will. Just submitted another update with Gamecenter support based on a players request. Likely will be approved sometime this week. So now you can track kills and distances the enemy traveled after you kicked them across the screen.

I appreciate everyones support who has purchased already. And am very much thankful to PeteOzzy. He was very critical upon release, rightfully so; but all the improvements were pretty much based on his suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2509.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	69600   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	69601   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2594.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	69602  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2609.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	69603  
03-08-2014, 08:42 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by voncarp View Post
No. I changed all the texts to icons except for action messages. I also changed the font. I haven't updated any screenshots or redone the video yet.
Just a recommendation - I would update your promo videos and/or screenshots to show the new layouts. I've noticed the text splattered all over the screen might be a turn-off to a would-be purchaser; I was even about to leave the game page before I read some impressions and further learned that it doesn't look like that anymore.

Cheers, looking forward to playing the game, bunny and all

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
03-08-2014, 08:48 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
Just a recommendation - I would update your promo videos and/or screenshots to show the new layouts. I've noticed the text splattered all over the screen might be a turn-off to a would-be purchaser; I was even about to leave the game page before I read some impressions and further learned that it doesn't look like that anymore.

Cheers, looking forward to playing the game, bunny and all
Thanks for the support!

Great idea on the vid and images. Need to update those.

Let me know if you have any issues or ideas on how we can improve Lonely Bunny.

Thanks again