Universal Furious Stars - Battle giant beasts in this 2D Physics Strategy Game! Beta Testing!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kmoon, Mar 8, 2014.

1. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    #1 kmoon, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Hello TD Community,
    We are Kestrel Moon Studios, a tiny 1.5 person outfit working on our new upcoming title, Furious Stars.

[​IMG]

Webpage:

http://www.kestrelmoon.com/FuriousStars/

New trailer:

Summary of the game:

Furious Stars is a new 2D side scrolling squad-based strategy game that pits the player and his/her town against the wrath of the Star Gods. The player will have to call upon a wide variety of troops(melee, range, spell casters) in order to defend against the onslaught of the Star Gods and their minions.

Beta Testing:

We cordially invite TD members to beta test this game! You will be given a free game credit under the "Testers" section if you help out test out this game!

Interested? Please PM me your details now and I will get back to you with more info! Thank you all for reading this post and have a great weekend.

[​IMG]

The denizens of the town need your help to fend off the Star Gods and their minions!
    [​IMG]

2. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Looks great.

3. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Hi uFinKnow,
    PM sent! Please check your inbox :)

4. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    #4 kmoon, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Gameplay Updates

Hello TD Community! I took various comments/suggestions from the very helpful testers here and have ended up with the following.
    I thought I'd give you guys an update on the progress of the game.

Video demonstrating the new features:

Game pauses during summoning, allowing player to plan, think and generally slow down the pace of the game.
    This translates into a hybrid RTS/Turn-Based Style of Gameplay:

[​IMG]

New semi-transparent global map showing where all the units are. It also responds to player taps so you can jump to anywhere in the world instantly:

[​IMG]

Thanks for your previous comments and suggestions, they were very helpful indeed! I will be updating the new build soon. More work in progress updates to follow!

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Looks amazing.

6. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Thanks for your kind words! Are you interested in testing the game?

Cheers,
    kmoon

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Is anyone else here testing this game? I am and I am curious what other think about it.

In my experience, it has great graphics with a lot of style, but I am finding it to be a bit chaotic and confusing so far. There have been some nice improvements as the releases proceed and it could end up being something special.

8. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Hi,
    Thanks for the comments! Yes the spell casting option right now is a bit confusing, that is currently being worked on.
    However, we will be doing an overall art improvement pass first before fixing the other issues. This will give us some buffer time to plan the gameplay design and make it work as the beta proceeds.

Once again, thanks for your comments!

9. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Cultists Level

Hello gamers, we have just added a new gameplay level/mode to Furious Stars!
    Here is a teaser screenshot of the new level:
    [​IMG]

As part of the story, you will meet a group of evil Star God worshipping cultists who have teamed up with the gods to destroy your town. Mayhem, action and crazy combat to be ensue!

10. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    New Gameplay video!

Hello gamers, here is a new gameplay video update on the development of the game.

Furious Stars features a unique RTS/Turn-Based gameplay mechanic. When you are summoning your troops, the game automatically pauses to allow one to plan your strategy. After troops are assembled, the game reverts back to RTS mode and you get to watch the mayhem ensue!

This video also gives you a preview of the new paper cutout art style of the game, where every soldier and unit is shaded like a paper cutout. We though it fits well with the overall atmosphere of the game where everything wacky + random can and will happen!

The spell casting mechanic is to going to undergo some major changes next. Updates to follow!

11. amur11

amur11 Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Looks really great! I really love how fluid the animation is in the video! :)

12. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Spell Casting and Gameplay Mechanic Update!

Hello all, we have made some major updates to Furious Stars.
    The spell casting mechanic has been heavily revised and should make spell casting a lot more accessible now.

Here is a short gif demonstrating how the player uses touch gestures to cast a fire wall. In this case, a horizontal line is draw on the ground to invoke the spell:

[​IMG]

Check out the new spell casting mechanic gameplay video here:

We have also made the Star God's attack.. a bit more dramatic.
    A MORE DRAMATIC Star God attack sequence:

[​IMG]

The Star God attack is BIGGER, BADDER and ANGRIER!

Have fun and have a great weekend! Let me know what you think! More updates to follow!

13. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Presenting the Guardian!

Hello all, here is an update on the game so far.
    As you progress through the story, collecting a couple of rare artifacts might unlock the unique opportunity to summon and control... the Guardian!

This is a giant super unit that has immense firepower and will promise to return the favour of destruction back to the Star Gods themselves!

Controlling the Guardian is easy; we went with a scheme that ditches virtual DPads(confusing imho) and works directly with touch. Tapping around the Guardian does movement, dragging the arm initiates a devastating attack. Landing the Guardian on the ground generates a shockwave that stuns surrounding enemies!

Without further ado, here is a short preview of what to expect from the Guardian:

More updates to follow!

14. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
  15. kmoon

kmoon Member

Feb 28, 2014
    App Approved by Apple!

Furious Stars has been approved by Apple! We will be launching this coming Thursday! :)