★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Over 40 years ago Atari started the gaming revolution with their first game: Pong. Although the release may have been well before your time, we all remember playing this game at some point in our lives.

When developing our first game for mobile devices we realized that Atari was on to something, but they were 40 years too early! We are proud to introduce to the world KickerApps first iOS game: Deflection.

Although the game is heavily influenced by Pong, it is vastly different. Using touch based controls, the player draws lines on the board to keep their ball from exiting the screen. Since the whole screen is your playing field, and you can draw up to three lines at a time with any angle or curve that you want, we decided that the only opponent in the game should be YOU!

You may be wondering: how difficult can this game be without an opponent? The answer to that question is: extremely challenging! The game features a time based score and multiple power ups that you can acquire to increase your score, the ball speed, as well as add safety measures to help you when the ball gets going a little too quickly.

The goal of this version of the game is to get the highest score in our leaderboards. Challenge your friends, or the world and see how long you can keep it going!
03-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Game Impressions

Note: The game has no sound at all. But it's not bad. Avoid the speed ups, collect the others.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-09-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm totally hooked on this game and I highly recommend all forum members check this out. There are no iap's, no ads and the game only weighs in at just under 2 mb.

This is honestly my favorite release this week and I feel it deserves more attention.

It's not that often that I'm taken by such a minimalist game, and at first I thought "meh, draw line, hit ball, one play and it'll be deleted", however since I've been playing I'm actually taken back to when the first Tilt To Live was released. This game has a similar feel to me, not that it plays like that game or anything, it's just got a similar vibe, to me.

I would love to see a few more power-ups/elements included into the game and maybe a few alternate game modes added, but as it stands, this is a first class high-score chaser.

03-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Thank you for your review of out latest game Deflection. Richard, we are happy to tell you that 1.3 will be including two new game modes. As well as additional power ups coming soon! We would love to continue hearing feedback and will will be continually posting updates bi-weekly. Thank you!