★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Monster Ball - 3d turn based strategy for iPhone, PC and Mac this fall

08-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Send a message via MSN to Thomas Lund Send a message via Yahoo to Thomas Lund Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas Lund
Monster Ball - 3d turn based strategy for iPhone, PC and Mac this fall

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce Monster Ball is close to completion! The game is a fantastic 3d turn based strategy game with a gameplay as simple as checkers but a complexity of chess.

The monsters that live under your bed and the ones in your closet dont like each other - and at night they fight in deadly combat. Large monsters eat smaller monsters and absorb their strength, making the bigger ball grow in size and power. But beware - gluttony will rupture the monster, so you need to watch out. Lots of special tiles and a good dose sarkastic humour makes this game a unique and fun experience.

The game features
* iPhone, PC and Mac versions
* single player vs AI, head to head with a friend sharing the same device as well as cross platform online games. Sit in the bus with the iPhone and play vs. someone at home on a PC
* 10+ build in maps to play right away
* free downloadable extra maps being released often
* domination and capture the base game modes
* achievements
* sarcastic humour :-)

For more info and signing up for our newsletter please go here: http://www.monsterball.net/

The game will be released this fall. Price TBD yet.

Promo video is also here, and any comments are very welcome!!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thomas Hentschel Lund - Full Control ApS
ElectroCute, Smack Boxing, TouchWars, Monster Ball, Smack Hockey, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk

Last edited by Thomas Lund; 08-15-2009 at 06:52 AM.
08-15-2009, 05:59 AM
looks really cool and i cant wait for release

Playing: Minigore, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Madden 10, Worms, Need For Speed: Shift, Alive-4-Ever, Hybrid Eternal Whisper, Blades Of Fury, Resident Evil 4, GTA: CW, C&C Red Alert.
Waiting: Bioshock, Hardgore, Astro Ranch, Mirrors Edge, ZombieSmash, Rayman,

08-15-2009, 09:57 AM
I wasn't totally sure what was happening in the video, but the concept and graphics look really fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-15-2009, 07:39 PM
well? any updates?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
10-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
well? any updates?
haha, great timing!
We actually just submitted Monster Ball 1.0 to apple a few hours ago. So, it's in their hands now, hopefully (given no review-snags) it should be up on the AppStore in a week or so.

We're also going to release the game for windows and osx quite soon, look out for an announcement about that shortly.

10-15-2009, 11:20 PM
wow looks awesome, can't wait to download!
10-16-2009, 06:40 AM
It looks very good! What will be the price for the iPhone and the mac?
10-16-2009, 11:31 AM
cool, looking forward to its release

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Send a message via MSN to Thomas Lund Send a message via Yahoo to Thomas Lund Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas Lund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
It looks very good! What will be the price for the iPhone and the mac?
Sorry - missed that question.

We plan to have a launch sale at $0.99 and then the normal price will be $3.99 for the iPhone.

The PC/Mac version will be priced in the $12-15 range (the distribution platforms will decide the price in the end, but thats the indication we gave them).

We have been trying to find some way to bundle it, but its really hard to do with Apple on one side as a closed ecosystem and the digital distribution platforms on the other. Any ideas on how one could make a good bundle would be cool!

/Thomas

Thomas Hentschel Lund - Full Control ApS
ElectroCute, Smack Boxing, TouchWars, Monster Ball, Smack Hockey, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
What are the limits for the number of promo codes you can give out? Maybe once someone registers via email, you can just shoot them back a promo code so they can DL the app at their leisure.

Plus+ ID: Wegmans