★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

FacePunchMaster: 8-Bit Fist - (by Tastes Like Future!)

03-09-2014, 08:19 PM
FacePunchMaster: 8-Bit Fist - (by Tastes Like Future!)

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-09-2014, 08:20 PM
You can download the 0.0.3 versions for PC and Mac here:
03-09-2014, 08:37 PM
This looks...interesting, think I'll give it a whirl
03-10-2014, 09:29 AM
I really want to like this game, the concept of a River City Ransom-esque beat em up adventure in an open city with 2D sprites really appeals to me. However, on my iPhone 4S the game just feels really really slow in the hub city, like it's running at half speed. The UI is confusing, there's a character upgrade store in the city but you can only upgrade and select the 3 starter characters (not the promo characters) and I don't really feel any difference in upgrades. Also I my character just froze in place mid-punch and now I can't move. I get the feeling this game wasn't optimized for older devices despite saying "available on all ios devices".

That said, the game fares a bit better in the smaller dungeon stages. The slow text crawl is a big turn-off though, you should be able to tap once to display all text in a text box at once. I don't know how to unlock other characters either.

Also, at the start of the game in the intro mission one rebel commando can stunlock you to death, yet it throws groups of them at you that can get you to -286 health in seconds.

Game Center: Jenohart

Last edited by Jenohart; 03-10-2014 at 10:42 AM.