Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 PM

Default Best Diablo Clone On iOS?

Tried many of them.

Zenonia 5 - Incredible graphics, great skill tree, good controls, loot is not nearly as random as a true Diablo game

Dungeon Hunter 4 - Incredible graphics, poor skill tree, really weak loot (gem, gem and gem some more instead of getting an awesome piece of gear with perfect stats), terrible loot progression (buy a few pieces of items in store with gold, not even the premium currency, and everything the game drops becomes obsolete). Really good game, I don't even mind the IAP, just terrible drops. 3 suffers from the same problem, 2 is a lot better in gear but skill tree still lacks variety, as rogue I beat the game on every difficulty by turning on life leech, poison and just auto attacked away.

Aurum Blade - Terrible graphics, poor skill tree, great loot, just too much auto attacking for me

Stone of Life - Same problem as Aurum blade, although graphics are upgraded

Dark Avenger/Eternity Warrior 3/Heroes Call - Feel like the same games, just really bland.

It is a shame, if Blizzard made a HD version of Diablo 2 with great graphics it would have killed all of the games above.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

There's a hundred of these threads if you search for them. This one has a few responses.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=135104

Last edited by Red1; 03-12-2014 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: Removed highlight from URL
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 PM

Try lesabel or eternity warriors 2. The second game was so much better then the third, not very iap, great loot drops and item progression, and farming is actually fun. Loved it
Old 03-10-2014, 10:59 PM

I recommend giving Orc: Vengeance a try. I have yet to play anything else in the app store that comes close to it.

Last edited by Jakeopp; 03-10-2014 at 11:03 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 12:02 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The Dungeon Hunter series (except 3) probably comes the closest - sadly.

Torchlight for iOS would be amazing. The developers expressed interest some time ago, but said a lack of time and resources prevented it. But since the launch of Torchlight 2, they've been relatively quiet... who knows...
Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Really thinking about it, I'd actually try out Diablo 1 if it saw an iOS release.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 AM

Iesabel is the only decent one. Orc is too slow and combat feels like you're walking through mud- story is interesting though.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I still feel like this is a huge opportunity waiting to happen. Others mentioned have been good, but there is yet to be a "classic" must-own hack n' slash in the Diablo vein on iOS.

I think the Torchlight devs are doing themselves a disservice but not thinking of porting it to iOS. I think it would make a killing even at a relatively high premium price.

Of course, I'd welcome a great new IP as well. Had high hopes for Infinity Blade Dungeons until it was scrubbed.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The Bards Tale.

Lol, post number 7,777.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quadropus Rampage is quite close. Its not the same thing but is the iOS equivalent in my eyes.