Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 03-11-2014, 05:03 PM

Default Shaquille O'Neal spends $1000 a week on apps.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/shaq...ps-every-week/

Shaquille O’Neal, who was one of the first verified users on Twitter, confessed at SXSW that he’s a huge geek. Shaq says that he’s online all the time, and he spends a ridiculous amount of money on apps.

“I probably spend $1,000 on apps a week,” Shaq told the Wall Street Journal’s Evelyn Rusli. “Last week I bought like 20 deer hunter games… I’m just a geek. When I’m not working, I spend all my money on apps.”
Old 03-11-2014, 06:32 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

I'm not sure that's really possible unless he's just going hog wild in literally every free to play game, and even then you hit a point that's much lower than $1,000 before your dollars spent to enjoyment gained sort of hits a wall. I buy every release that gets posted on the forums here and I maybe spend $100 a week, and that's on a big week when there's lots of expensive games like Final Fantasy VI and stuff.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:43 PM

He is probably one of those Whales Supercell and King were talking about during their Financial Reports.

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-12-2014 at 09:20 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for encouraging Namco Bandai to continue localizing Idolm@ster games, Shaq.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:56 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I'm not sure that's really possible unless he's just going hog wild in literally every free to play game, and even then you hit a point that's much lower than $1,000 before your dollars spent to enjoyment gained sort of hits a wall. I buy every release that gets posted on the forums here and I maybe spend $100 a week, and that's on a big week when there's lots of expensive games like Final Fantasy VI and stuff.
Every game you say? Lists game for $100 at initial release haha.

Still I assume rich people like Shaquille have no problem buying anything that looks interesting as well as tons of in game currency for games the actually like.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Although i still think it's a lot it's very possible. You can spend huge amounts of money each week on new comics in comixology alone. Music apps tend to be a bit more pricey as well. When he comes across a ftp app with an in- app for 99 dollars on gems or whatever and just never wants to worry about that it can be very plausible.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 PM

I remember when he was getting divorced, he claimed some crazy number like $100k per month for entertainment..... I do not recall exact numbers by any means, but let's say it went something like this:

1. 30k for TV, DVDs, Streaming.....
2. Thousands in new gear every month
3. Thousands on music downloads
4. Thousands on video gaming

It was absolutely insane.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

That's an absurd amount to spend on apps in just a week.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdn1042 View Post
That's an absurd amount to spend on apps in just a week.
Why? If someone can afford it I don`t see a problem in it. It`s not like Shaquille will suddenly run out of Money just because 4000$ a Month for Mobile Appz
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x

I need to get him playing Combat Monsters. It even has a "Shaq Attacks" homage in it. We named one of the heroes special.