Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 03-11-2014, 06:45 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Pokemon crystal/gold/silver on a 3rd gen iPod? GBA4ios not working?

I use an iPod 3rd gen running iOS 6. I've downloaded and have been using GBA4ios 1.6 to play pokemon fire red version. But the main reason i downloaded it was to play pokemon crystal but I would settle for gold or silver. But everytime I download roms for crystal gold or silver it just displays a black screen. I made sure to change the date on my ipod to 2012 and I've tried downloading roms from the same site i downloaded fire red from. Has anyone ever heard of this problem? Even if its on a different app i just want to play crystal on my ipod.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOlNoob View Post
I use an iPod 3rd gen running iOS 6. I've downloaded and have been using GBA4ios 1.6 to play pokemon fire red version. But the main reason i downloaded it was to play pokemon crystal but I would settle for gold or silver. But everytime I download roms for crystal gold or silver it just displays a black screen. I made sure to change the date on my ipod to 2012 and I've tried downloading roms from the same site i downloaded fire red from. Has anyone ever heard of this problem? Even if its on a different app i just want to play crystal on my ipod.
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal are all Game Boy Color games. I believe the older version of GBA4iOS only supports Game Boy Advance games. . . The easiest solution would be to look for Pokemon Liquid Crystal.

If you really want to play the originals you need to do a google search for "Goomba Game Boy Color emulator". And then follow these instructions from the *Slider* thread. You basically combine several Game Boy/Game Boy Color ROMs (with a computer application) into one Game Boy Advance ROM.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:27 PM

I thought the only the new one(ios 7) was supported.