★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Price Drop Riddick: The Merc Files

03-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Price Drop Riddick: The Merc Files

Tonight around midnight Riddick: The Merc Files will do a little celebration that we got featured on Google Play's Movie Games Category and of course we want to celebrate with the iOS fans too so tonight the price will drop to $0.99 on both platforms.

Get it here
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/riddick-the-merc-files/id680524466?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gcorps.riddick

Also do you have any suggestions on how we might be able to improve the game? We would love to get some feedback from the community in addition to our own ideas that we have.
03-12-2014, 06:57 AM
This game is poorly design, it's almost unplayable.

03-12-2014, 07:20 AM
One of those games that are too expansive even for free.
03-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
One of those games that are too expansive even for free.
Darn, don't you think that's a bit harsh?
03-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdn1042 View Post
Darn, don't you think that's a bit harsh?
Time is the most precious thing in life, my friend.
03-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Well, despite the negative reviews here so far, i really enjoy this one.

The one who said the game is unplayable above, the game is definitely playable. Not sure what he's referring to with the game being unplayable. Unplayable is when a game has very bad controls, unclear mechanics, game-killing bugs, crashing issues, etc. If a game doesnt wow you one bit, it doesnt mean the game is unplayable at all.

Here, the game is pretty straightforward. The controls could be tweaked a bit, but it works ok.

I wont say this is the best stealth game coz it isnt, but it is far from being unplayable, and if you really like stealth games, you may end up liking Riddick Merc Files.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-12-2014, 10:12 AM
You'd have to make the game interesting to improve it. It's the same thing over and over, with no real feeling of reward or accomplishment. Aldo the level design is bland. Controls are okay though.
03-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
You'd have to make the game interesting to improve it. It's the same thing over and over, with no real feeling of reward or accomplishment. Aldo the level design is bland. Controls are okay though.
I agree the level design can be a lot more intricate. Even if it's the same thing over and over, if the level design was quite varied, this couldve been a great game.

For what little it offers i still like it, but i agree with the flaws presented here.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Nice discussion, keep it going
03-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingCorpsMagnus View Post
Nice discussion, keep it going
Ummmm, a better story?