Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2014, 05:31 AM

Default Glorkian Warrior: Trials Of Glork - (by Pixeljam)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 64.5 MB.

Price in NZ is $4.19 which should translate to USD $2.99

Requirements :

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

JOIN THE GLORKIAN WARRIORS! Visit awesome asteroids! Blast strange invaders!

**PLEASE NOTE: This game does not run on iPhone 4, iPad 1 or older.** (iPod Touch 5th gen, iPhone 4S and newer, iPad 2 and newer WILL work).

"The platforming and shooting elements look like a lot of fun, but the cartoony visuals and awesome soundtrack push Glorkian Warrior over the edge for me."
~ Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade

"There are plenty of reasons to get excited about Glorkian Warrior. Primarily, just look at the thing."
~ Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer

Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork is a collaboration between Eisner Award winning cartoonist James Kochalka and indie game studio Pixeljam, makers of the prehistorically epic DINO RUN!

It's a goofy mashup of Galaga-style soot-em-up, simple platforming action, and Saturday morning cartoon.

Help Glorkian Warrior and his trusty Super Backpack rage against an endless onslaught of alien creatures, and be prepared for anything... the Magic Robot appears when you least expect it, and might shower you with exploding basketballs...or kittens!

Collect energy crackers and power up an awesome arsenal of double lasers, triple lasers and tennis balls while the invaders hypnotize you with their mesmerizing attack patterns. Perhaps you may even uncover the legendary Flarf Gun and save the world.

You will have so much fun trying and dying, again...and again. But dont worry! No matter how miserable your performance, each play session will add to your progress.

FEATURES

◊ Art & story by Eisner Award winning cartoonist James Kochalka
◊ Game design, coding, and music by Pixeljam games, the same team that brought you DINO RUN
◊ Combines elements of a galaga style shooter with very basic platforming elements (running and jumping) and a little "bullet-hell" thrown in for good measure
◊ A wicked arsenal of weapons and powerups, including tennis balls and the legendary "Flarf Gun"
◊ Procedurally generated invader flight patterns and formations of the Galaxian persuasion.
◊ A simple and refreshing mobile presentation : No IAP, no complicated leveling-up systems, just good old fashioned entertainment like your great grandpa used to enjoy
◊ Frenetic, "one more try" style gameplay
◊ Endearing characters and all-ages humor
◊ Based on the Kochalka's new Glorkian Warrior graphic novel “The Glorkian Warrior Delivers a Pizza"
◊ YES

Can you reach the rank of Glorkian General or will you forever stay a Soft-Boned Space Cadet?

You can do it!

GLORK!
iPhone Screenshots

Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Isnt this the modern take on galaxian? Coz i've been waiting for that, and can place it if this was the one.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Isnt this the modern take on galaxian? Coz i've been waiting for that, and can place it if this was the one.
Yep, I think it's the one you're thinking of, this is the front page article on it:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/03/07/gl...-release-date/

Surprised more people haven't posted on this, quite looking forward to it!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Yep, I think it's the one you're thinking of, this is the front page article on it:

Ha! This is the one! Cant wait to play it!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post

GameCenter? This is make or break for me.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
GameCenter? This is make or break for me.
Yes, the game has competitive leaderboards! (And we are planning to update soon with achievements, too.) I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback. Have fun!

P.S. I'm James Kochalka, creator of Glorkian Warrior (along with my friends at PixelJam).
Old 03-12-2014, 09:52 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Worth it for the art style alone. Reminds me of Commander Keen.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Default Game Impressions

I beta enjoyed this for a month and will keep doing so for a long time. One of the best games on iOS so far that will never leave my iPhone.

Cant wait for tonight to buy the full version with GameCenter.

If you like any of the games in the genre, get it, its the best thing since Super Crossfire or Velocispider. Its even better because its just full of humor and awesome weapons and the character and the enemy are full of life and imagination. I just love it so much. It shows a long time of work. Everything is giving some thought and then some more to make it perfectly balanced.

You play as Glork, an interplanetary guardian that saves the day every other tuesday from invading aliens that comes at you at full force.

To do that you have 3 options EDGE (Touch edges to move, slide UP or tap both edges to jump, like in Boson X), a DPAD (Move and jump) and an alternative DPAD for left handed. You can also make them bigger or invisible. And controls are spot on.

Before each game you will have a cutscene that is hilarious (you can skip it if you want) and then the game. Its endless and every game will be different (and more the more cubes you collect). There are a lot of awesome boss battles and many events that are a treat and spices up the game pretty good. There are different landscapes that have different attributes to make the fight even more interesting and varied if possible, and enemies comes in walking too and you can jump on their heads. There are so many enemies and enemies variations (they even evolve as you collect cubes) in this game. For variety and humor, its at the very top on iOS.

Replayability is bigger than most of games like this because there is an unlock tree (it will take some time to unlock it all) and when you kill an enemy it releases a cube that works like coins. At the beginning is a bit bare bones but you collect cubes and unlock a new power up or any crazy gizmo at an perfect pace that spices the gameplay and keep making it more and more interesting the further you play. And there are a lot of this missions to keep you occupied for a long time. And there are boss battles and random events that just keep happening all the time. There are a lot of different enemies with different patterns.

The game has NO IAP at all, is A PURE PREMIUM EXPERIENCE.

I could keep praising it on and on and on and on...

If you trust me and want this one or even if you remotely like what you see here, buy it. Its a guaranteed fun and awesome purchase.

Gets my full recommendation, 15 out of 10 stars. Marvelous. A gem. Must buy.

Edit: Sorry for the bad structure but Im ill today and not feeling very well. On the bright side, I will try to get to the top of the leaderboards
Old 03-12-2014, 10:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Well that's me sold!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^^^

Me too.