Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2014, 05:33 AM

Default Lich Tower of Doom RPG - (by Expleo Risvold)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 25.4 MB.

Price in NZ is $2.59 which should translate to USD $1.99

Requirements :

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Launch Price at 33% off until 03/21/2014

Lich Tower of Doom RPG is a roguelike adventure with elements from a table top board game, created exclusively for the IPAD.

The lands surrounding Shadowrest village is once again in need of a hero, as the Lich Lord has risen to power and started to spread corruption throughout the realm. The emperor is probably not only aware of this, but in fact encourages the forthcoming destruction of the free lands.

To succeed in the quest to defeat the Lich, you must conquer 3 of the dungeons where the seals blocking the entrance to the Lich Towers are hidden, destroy them, and then conquer the Lich tower and face off with the Lich Lord himself.

Be warned though. Most likely you won't make it.

Simple combat concept, with all the number crunching behing the scene. What skills, items and spells you collect determines the outcome when you try a magical or melee attack

Features:
- Lots of animated Hero actions
- Randomly set up dungeons
- Hand drawn illustration
- Pixel art
- Old school feeling
- Perma death
- Unique monsters and bosses
iPad Screenshots

Old 03-12-2014, 06:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Oh, I've been waiting for this one!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Me too. I'll be picking this one up as soon as it's available.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:57 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Me three, another good week with this and Surgeon Simulator!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Been many weeks since submission of the release version (Myself I play the 1.1 build ) tweaks are done all the time to this game. One of the benefits with that is that I read TA and will consider all and any player input suggestions, complaints, glitches, bug reports etc for implementation/fixing, issues are resolved on an ongoing basis (hope there are not any serious, but there are a myriad of complex strings of actions that have been known to bugger up every now and then)

Of course, if you don't like the game at all there is not much to do, but besides that I'm open for all and any comments in the 'fixable' area.

Also for a bit of fun for anyone who might read this message ::

First one (if ever) to post a screencap in this thread of the winning screen (unedited date stamp) here will get a free T-shirt with the shadowrest logo on, not available anywhere on this planet. Perhaps with a funny text.. 'I beat the lich and all I got was this t-shirt'.. yeah, that will do it.

It doesn't help having the high rank on leaderboards: screencap, posted here. First one wins (and winner must of course send RL address trough PM)

Game on !
Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 AM

Game looks awesome.

Any chance there are GC achievements in here?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Game looks awesome.

Any chance there are GC achievements in here?
Not as it stands now. You get a score based on a lot of stuff (well, not that lot, but stuff like enemies killed, boss killed, number of steps taken etc) and can compare against others

Archivements are one of those things considered but not taken in, but it will be considered again dependant on downloads and requests.

On a side note, to make archivements more fun and meaningfull (and also he game a tad easier as you spend time) is having a sort of 'home' that is saved from game to game is more considered than a regular GC thing: you can get the 'killed Impa King' archivement (one of the bosses in the game) , but lets say you killed the King, and got a 30% shot at decapitatng its head. Now, this head is an archivement, but will also be a decorating piece in your home, motivating your 'heirs' (next game) and start the game with say.. a bit better understanding of daggerfighing.

Not so much that it is a 'need' to complete, but a little reward for those persistant (and lucky enough) to collect all the possible stuff, and a little drive to try one more time.

Anyway, a long answer to a short question.

No GC archivements, but not a definite 'no', and perhaps something even better in an expansion down the road.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Can't wait to grab this one tonight, roll on 11.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expleo View Post
Not as it stands now. You get a score based on a lot of stuff (well, not that lot, but stuff like enemies killed, boss killed, number of steps taken etc) and can compare against others

Archivements are one of those things considered but not taken in, but it will be considered again dependant on downloads and requests.

On a side note, to make archivements more fun and meaningfull (and also he game a tad easier as you spend time) is having a sort of 'home' that is saved from game to game is more considered than a regular GC thing: you can get the 'killed Impa King' archivement (one of the bosses in the game) , but lets say you killed the King, and got a 30% shot at decapitatng its head. Now, this head is an archivement, but will also be a decorating piece in your home, motivating your 'heirs' (next game) and start the game with say.. a bit better understanding of daggerfighing.

Not so much that it is a 'need' to complete, but a little reward for those persistant (and lucky enough) to collect all the possible stuff, and a little drive to try one more time.

Anyway, a long answer to a short question.

No GC archivements, but not a definite 'no', and perhaps something even better in an expansion down the road.
Thanks for the detailed response, even if not what I wanted to hear
Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

expleo: This looks fantastic - what's the loot like? Randomized? What types are available? (helmet, shield, rings, etc)