★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tank Battle: East Front 1942 rejected for using the word 'Enemies'

03-13-2014, 02:12 PM
#1
Tank Battle: East Front 1942 rejected for using the word 'Enemies'

Hi all,

We were aiming to release the next in the Tank Battle: East Front series at midnight tonight, however we've just had word back from Apple that it's been rejected for using the word 'Enemies' within the context of the game.

It's a historical game that you can play as both sides in (whereby the other side is referred to as the enemies). We're going to appeal against this as we don't agree with the rejection, but we just wanted to let you know what was happening with the game.

For reference here is the rejection reason:

15.3: "Enemies" within the context of a game cannot solely target a specific race, culture, a real government or corporation, or any other real entity

We'll keep you updated on how the appeal goes...

Web: http://www.huntedcow.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/huntedcow
Twitter: @HuntedCow
03-13-2014, 02:40 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Amazing just because you used the word enemies the game was rejected
Wonder what kind of people are working at apple

03-13-2014, 02:44 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best75 View Post
Amazing just because you used the word enemies the game was rejected
Wonder what kind of people are working at apple
They didn't have any issues with Tank Battle: East Front 1941 so I'm guessing it is the particular reviewer that we got took issue with it. It's pretty standard in games to call the opposition an enemy. I really don't see how it targets anyone either as you can play as both sides in the game and each side refers to the other as the enemy.

Web: http://www.huntedcow.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/huntedcow
Twitter: @HuntedCow
03-13-2014, 03:00 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,522
Reckon if you can play as both sides, you're covered. Pretty sure Sid Meier's Ace Patrol would refer to enemy patrols, aces etc. Their App Store description certainly does.
03-13-2014, 03:38 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Reckon if you can play as both sides, you're covered. Pretty sure Sid Meier's Ace Patrol would refer to enemy patrols, aces etc. Their App Store description certainly does.
Going to re-submit it now and hopefully get it expedited.

Pocket Tactics have covered the rejection here if you're interested...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/io...sians-enemies/

Web: http://www.huntedcow.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/huntedcow
Twitter: @HuntedCow
03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Pinellas, FL
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunted Cow Studios View Post
Hi all,

We were aiming to release the next in the Tank Battle: East Front series at midnight tonight, however we've just had word back from Apple that it's been rejected for using the word 'Enemies' within the context of the game.

It's a historical game that you can play as both sides in (whereby the other side is referred to as the enemies). We're going to appeal against this as we don't agree with the rejection, but we just wanted to let you know what was happening with the game.

For reference here is the rejection reason:

15.3: "Enemies" within the context of a game cannot solely target a specific race, culture, a real government or corporation, or any other real entity

We'll keep you updated on how the appeal goes...
You've got to be f'ing kidding me. There's no way. Countless other games have done the exact same thing. This is looney shit right here. I'm personally am looking forward to it releasing soon and wish you guys the best of luck.
03-13-2014, 05:38 PM
#7
Quick update - we've asked Apple to review it again and explained the use of the word and how it is applies to both sides hence isn't solely targeted at anyone. We'll let you know the outcome

Interestingly we submitted an update to Tank Battle: East Front 1941 which was due to be released at the same time as 1942 which they approved without any issue...

Web: http://www.huntedcow.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/huntedcow
Twitter: @HuntedCow
03-13-2014, 06:15 PM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 653
Just remove the term and everyone is happy...
03-13-2014, 06:20 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Ma
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
Just remove the term and everyone is happy...
I don't think that's a fair option
03-13-2014, 06:23 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
Just remove the term and everyone is happy...
It's never been an issue in any of our other wargames and Apple also approved the update to Tank Battle: East Front 1941 (which also uses the word 'enemies' to refer to the opposing side) this week which was due to be released at the same time as 1942.

If need be, we can change it, however we'll see what Apple says about it first since I think the person who reviewed it may just misunderstood the game.

Web: http://www.huntedcow.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/huntedcow
Twitter: @HuntedCow