★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Games Australians are missing out on

12-13-2008, 08:04 PM
The Games Australians are missing out on

Just thought i would start this thread as overtime i have noticed many developers not posting their apps in the australian itunes store some of which i want.

these include

1. Frogger
2. Scrabble
3. Amateur surgeon
4. The Price is Right
5. Who wants to be a millionare

if there any others apps i missed please post them
12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Some of these aren't in the UK either. Some of it, like TPIR and WWTBAM, is probably down to differences in currency and others such as Scrabble are probably down to different ways our countries spell things.
Example: US- lady, UK- slag, AU-Sheila

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 12-13-2008 at 08:17 PM.

12-13-2008, 08:10 PM
only one of those I can reccomend right now is amateur surgeon

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm noticing this more and more

As time goes on I am noticing more and more that not all apps are available worldwide.

Some are for obvious reasons (licensing issue, or they require localisation, etc). Others leave me completely mistified as to why they are not more broadly available.

I have not been keeping a record of these apps, but I am noticing it more and more and I am concerned that it seems to be increasing.
12-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Frogger sucks so bad it shouldn't matter anyway. It really sucks - just trust me.

Scrabble is awesome though, sooo that's not good

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 12-13-2008 at 08:21 PM.
12-14-2008, 03:42 AM
You are not alone. We in Sweden are missing a lot of stuff too. The only argument I'm accepting is licensing issues but that shouldn't be an issue either.
12-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Bad Eg. yuthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Some of these aren't in the UK either. Some of it, like TPIR and WWTBAM, is probably down to differences in currency and others such as Scrabble are probably down to different ways our countries spell things.
Example: US- lady, UK- slag, AU-Sheila
you call ladies slags! lol, that's so nice :P
I, for one, have never called a lady a sheila, so I'm suspecting that you were joking about calling them slags? That's a bit off IMO :P well over here it is.
Maybe you could have used the Mum example. Mum - Mom or something.

On topic:
*sad face*..

If the surgeon game was not accepted here (maybe as it's 17+) I bloody hope Zombie Mangle is, cos that looks gory as! I will literally cry if that's the case.. then ask for an Ad-Hoc version or something!